There Are Ten Kinds of People...

I think most of us have run into the predecessor joke here already:

There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary notation, and those who don’t.

I ran across two variants that amused me enough to want to share them:

There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand ternary notation, those who don’t, and those who thought this was going to be the binary joke.

And…

There are 10 kinds of people, 1 group who understand hexadecimal notation, and F the rest.
Along with all this is:

Christmas is Hallowe’en. Proof: 25 DEC = 31 OCT

3:11 + :69 = 4:20

There are 3 kinds of people. Those who can count, and those who can’t.

The way I tell my students is: there are three kinds of mathematicians. Those who know how to count, and those who don’t.

There are five hundred seventy six types of people. Those who needlessly complicate every scenario, those that get bored and lose track of their train of thought, and…some others.

There are <Error: Overflow> types of people in this world: those who make lists, those who make lists of lists, those who make lists of lists of lists…

I’d say there were π types of people, but that would just be irrational.

I can list i types of people, but they’re imaginary.

There are two kinds of people: Those who lump people into two groups, and those who don’t.

That is a very transcendental statement,

There are people in the world: those who are.

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are nice to others, and go fuck yourself.

Quick question:

The binary joke doesn’t properly work if it’s said “There Are Ten Kinds of People” does it? Does it not have to be written out as “There are 10 Kinds of People”? You wouldn’t pronounce “10” as “ten” in binary, would you?

The number of types of people has a limit, when you can’t differentiate them any more.

There are too different types of people: those who proofread, and those who don’t.

There are two types of people in this world.

Those that don’t finish sent

ences and those that do.

Actually you would pronounce 1010 as ten.

There are to kinds of people in the world, and those that send them stuff.

I’ve told the binary joke aloud before, pronouncing “10” as “ten” and it worked just fine. I suppose it wasn’t perfectly accurate, but those who would have gotten it in writing still got it and I didn’t have to pause to write it out.

People are of two types: pica and elite.