There's no fucking Vegemite.

I’ve been down the shop and a brand new jar of the black gloop now sits proudly on my pantry shelf. I’m a ‘happy little Vegemite’ now. Wheeeeeh!

Oh, by the way Prinny, I always knew there was something weird about you, well apart from being a Q-lander of course. :smiley:

Vegemite and marmite seem to be the thing that separates North America from the rest of the English speaking world. It seems to be almost unknown here, except by people who have lived in or visited the other Anglophone countries, or otherwise have contacts. And almost nobody here seems to like it.

But everyone loves salt. So maybe it’s worth a second look??

Well done.

I’ve just made a snack here at work to tide me over before choir practice tonight: crumpets with vegemite. Yummo!

In my early childhood, my family insisted that crumpets were only to be dressed with honey and nothing else. I discovered crumpets w/vegemite in my teens, and what an epiphany THAT was.

Happy munching Cunctator: just remember to watch the drips spilling down on your shirt.

Mmmmmmmm.

It’s alright. Go get yourself a nice jar of peanut butter and you’ll be better off!

Hah, thus spake the stupid.

:smiley:

nods sagely

Such is the power. Use it wisely.

None of you have even begun to live. I have in my cupboard the special edition ‘I Love You’ Marmite, made with - wait for it - champagne!

Beat that, suckers! :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, I have assimilated amongst you people, I’ve learnt to love crumpets no matter how odd they feel, how to go out in the sun, when and when not to spell labour with a “u”, and the meanings of various odd words like “pong” and “rort” but I cannot eat Vegemite, ugh.

Peanut butter for the win. (Although my husband reckons peanut butter and jam is the oddest combo ever, and he once thought that we ate peanut butter and jelly (jello to Americans) because he heard it on Sesame Street.)

Enjoy your brewery scrapings. :wink:

Cheers,
G

You have just committed blasphemy :smiley:

Comrades, plan Alpha 13 is active. The peanut butter-loving infidels of America will be destroyed, God willing.

I’d love to comply but since I am now being forced to pay $14.95US for a 400g jar of Vegemite I found myself having to self off the Alpha 13 assets.

No Vegemite for me. Mostly because it gives me heartburn these days. :frowning: Else I’d still be scoffing it with gusto.

First time I encountered it, I’d no idea what it was, and spread it a millimeter thick on buttered toast, about as thick as one’d do Nutella (hey, they were both brown stuff :smiley: ), and ate the lot. One bite and I went, “Oooh! Tasty!” Impressed my AUS cousins with that trick, I did. :smiley: I think they were hoping for a “GAH NO EVIL” reaction, though…

[quote=“Rack-a-Bones, post:54, topic:466975”]

OK. To be fair it has been years and years since I tried it. Dellie says it will cure hangovers, so solely in the noble pursuit of Education I will get drunk and have some vegemite tonight. (hey, that rhymes!)

See - that’s what this rock needs more of - people like your good self, committed to a cause in the name of science, alcohol and vegemite. They obviously broke the mold after they made you! :wink: