They asked me back to work!

I knew that they would, well I hoped that they would. My former school has asked me to be a substitute teacher. They really need on since theyterminated their English teacher almost three weeks ago. (yes, me)
So today I was back in the saddle again. I don’t know how long I’ll be there as a sub or if they will hire me on as a full time teacher again. I filled out a lot of applications so I might just sub for a while since they will be needing me.
But I’m employed again. thank you everybody for your thoughts, prayers and support!
Roadwalker

Woo-hoo!

That’s great to hear, roadwalker! Congrats!

Congratulations! Some good news for a change. :slight_smile:

yeay Roadwalker!
i’m praying for your family.
things happen according to a plan, opportunities occur in the oddest places.

Yay you!

Best wishes to the Roadwalker family :slight_smile:

Hooray! :slight_smile:

Whooohoooo! I’m so happy for you, Roadwalker. I’ve been keeping you in my thoughts.

I just knew something would come through for you.

Best,
karol

Yay! :slight_smile: Glad to read it.

Is there another thread that explains what happened?

p.s. - CONGRATS!

fantastic!!

Do substitute teachers get paid anywhere near what regular teachers get paid? Because it seems like you’re being shafted, i.e. fired and hired on part time with no benefits and less pay. Better than starving to death, but hardly grounds for celebration.

Congrats!

Good news, man! You deserved it, you’ve had way too much to deal with the past months.

I hope they offer you a contract again!

Rock on RW.
I was wondering how things were going your way.

I am hourly now instead of being on salary. I will be making almost as much as before. I didn’t get medical from them anyway. This is a non-public school that has usually had a permenent sub on call.
I also don’t have to attend meetings any more. I was usually an important member of the study team because they needed all kinds of information from the English teacher to write I.E.P.'s
So they could try and hire someone else, but I now have my transcript, they had to let me got because I didn’t have it. I will probably just re-apply for my old job. I have the experence with these kind of students.

I was real glad to share this good news with everyone. I will make an effort to share more good things.