Things a celebrity won't do

Homer’s not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings. :smiley:

Rumor has it that Denzel Washington won’t do a love scene w/ a white woman. In ‘Mississippi Masala’ he got pretty hot w/ an Asian Indian girl, tho.

Similarly, I remember reading that Drew Barrymore decided the new Charlie’s Angels wouldn’t use guns - at least in the first movie. I don’t remember the second. Of course, since Drew was also a producer on the film, this was pretty easy to make happen.

She was definitely a celebrity. Apart from The Facts of Life, she also starred in The New Mickey Mouse Club and various TV movies, and she was a frequent fixture in talk shows and entertainment magazines. For a time, her name was pretty much synonymous with teen beauty.

The fact that she has mostly kept off television for 15 years or so merely means that she’s retired from showbiz. It doesn’t make her a non-celebrity.

? Where’d that come from? He fucked Milla Jovivich in “He Got Game”.

I know Macnee says this now, but he is 84 years old; his memory is probably amiss, as he did use firearms on The Avengers. Not a hell of a lot, but especially in the first three, fairly serious seasons, he often packed heat.

Sir Rhosis

I believe Kristin Chenoweth won’t do sex scenes and seems to be a firm believer in no sex before marriage (it was a major point of her character in her TV show).

Comes from comments like this guy made - but I see that article was written in 2000 and he did He Got Game in 1998. :confused:
I take it back.

Don’t forget she made news last year for advocating putting hot sauce on your child’s tongue when they swear. :wally

Really?

Or is that woosh?

Didn’t her character in “The West Wing” have to have a shotgun wedding?

Hope you have some Krazy Glue solvent handy.

I heard this when the live action Scooby Doo movie came out: Kasey Casem was such an ardent vegetarian that he quit doing the voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo because one scene had Shaggy eating shrimp.

It was overeating in general, and meat eating in particular. Shaggy finally became a strict vegetarian to get Kassem to come back in 2002. He still does Shaggy in* What’s New, Scooby-Doo?*

Now I’ve got an excuse to watch more of those “Avengers” episodes on BBC-America. I remember the inimitable Mrs. Peel being a dead shot, but really don’t remember Steed ever using a gun. (But I’m finding that my own memory plays tricks on me.)

The show was on for several years before Diana Rigg joined it, with MacNee originally playing second banana to Ian Hendry before assuming the central role. MacNee’s character was a moderately-serious professional spy and used firearms. Hendry left the series and MacNee worked with Jon Rollason for a few episodes who was then replaced by a series of sexy female sidekicks; Julie Stevens, Honor Blackman (the first kick-ass female character, which would serve her well when she left to play Pussy Galore in Goldfinger), Diana Rigg and Linda Thorson. Rigg is the best-known partner in the U.S. since she joined the show just as ABC started broadcasting. By that time, MacNee’s character relied more on fighting with his umbrella and armored bowler hat, rather than firearms and the show itself had slid well into fantasy and sexual innuendo, rather like the James Bond film series.

President Bartlett’s daughter had to have the shotgun wedding; Chenowith’s character was something like deputy communications director. At the end of the series her character was developing a crush on Leo, and she’s the one that found him dead in his hotel room on the campaign trail.

Israel’sDavid “Dudu” Fisher is a strict Orthodox Jew who was the first actor to have a clause in his “Les Miserables” contracts stating he was not to work on the Sabbath or Jewish holidays.

Along the same lines, Stephen Hill (probably best known now as the District Attorney on “Law and Order”) was the original boss of the “Mission: Impossible” team. Legend has it that Hill, who’s an Orthodox Jew, left the show after one season becausing there was a lot of taping required on the Sabbath. Hence, Peter Graves took over and became a star.

Jim Caviezel (yeah, Jesus) reportedly refused to do some graphic love scenes with Ashley Judd (cough… homo!.. cough… homo!).

And I’ve heard that Darryl Hannah is such a strict vegan, she wouldn’t even pretend to eat a real lobster in “Spalash.” Supposedly, she required they make a plastic lobster and fill it with mashed potatoes.

I can’t vouch for the truth of any of these stories, but that doesn’t prevent me from engaging in idel gossip anyway.

That great thespian Will Smith insisted on a stunt double for the make-out scene with Anthony Micheal Hall in Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon or whatever it was called- I guess he was afraid of losing the street cred he didn’t have in the first place?