things I winder about when I'm bored...

Do license plate numbers ever get re-used? I mean… if a number is … say 20 yrs old or so… and the original vehicle/owner hasn’t registered it for quite a while, do states re-issue them?

Who decides street names?

just wondering… there are others too, but I’m distracted by the TV right now…LOL

OK, so God created me; so he has control over me; so he has no right to bitch about anything I do.

About that sig line…

1. I didn’t create you, exactly, but my creation created you.

2. You are responsible for your actions.

3. I don’t “bitch.”

4. People “bitch” in my name all the time.

5. I patiently wait for you to get it right.

6. You will someday.

I like to think of Homographs. Words spelled one way, with two distinct pronounciations, and two distinct meanings: Lead (leed, and led) project (pro-ject, prahject). Sorry, I don’t know how to put in the proper characters.

“winder”?

“That’s entertainment!” —Vlad the Impaler

Yes license plate numbers get re-used. So do social security numbers for that matter.

In most cases, the developer names the street. It’s part of the deal when he builds a subdivision, he has to build the roads up to a certain standard, and then turn it over to the city for future maintenance.

Enright3

Which explains why, in the neighborhood I grew up in, there were streets called Dannyboyar, Bobbyboyar and Cindyboyar. I think the people who lived on them would have preferred the usual Elm, Maple and Walnut.

Catrandom

Speaking of street names. I remember reading when I was a teen, in Reader’s Digest that there was a town in Colorado ( I’m pretty sure)where the streets were names: This A Way, That A Way and The other way…

My random brain candy: How is it that a man can tell the difference between a $2,000 Bose stereo speaker and a $200.00 cheapo brand speaker BUT CANNOT HEAR A BABY CRYING IN THE BABY MONITOR IF IT WAS DUCT TAPED TO HIS EAR?

I thank you.

I wonder what happened to the lost colony of Roanoke Island.

I wonder how come sometimes when I’m in my bedroom, the TV just turns on…it’s done it twice since I put the TV in there.

I wonder if the teacher down the hall froom me realizes that she’s too old and sick to teach any more.

I wonder if my husband realizes how truly rotten and mean he was to me before I left.

I wonder about some of my students. It amazes me how so many of them are not into school at all.

And(probably most of all) I wonder if the married guy whom I’ve had a crush on for the past 5 years, who I used to consider a close friend ever thinks about me at all.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese

Bored ?

I’d wonder how the he!! that hole got through my torso.

I wonder-wonder-wonder-wonder who <clap> who wrote the Book of Love.

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Shirley:

That’s because babies have VERY high frequencies that cannot be heard by the male ear. Anyway, BOSE speakers are crap. Try Tannoy ! Might improve his hearing, too.

Gail said:

I wonder how come sometimes when I’m in my bedroom, the TV just turns on…it’s done it twice since I put the TV in there.

It’s because you roll over and your butt hits the remote :wink:

I often wonder about alien life, will we ever see them, are they here yet, what are the odds, you know, that sort of thing.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I wonder if I am making the best decisions for myself regarding work, friendship and most of all love.

I wonder if I really am as secure as I think I am.

I wonder if anybody will really remember me when Im gone.

I wonder why you can’t buy that pink popcorn in the stores here anymore.

I wonder, and fantasize of course about my future.

I am me… accept it not.

I wonder about how many great songs were robbed from the world by all the great musicians who died too young.

“Now, Bart, you don’t want to drink beer. That’s for daddies and kids with fake IDs.”

I wonder if there really is a God…

I wonder if the phone call about my dad will come soon and the suffering will end…

I wonder what my son is doing…

I wonder if my SO and I will ever get married…

I wonder if we did get married, will it last…

I wonder why I sit and ponder all this worrisome crap and don’t get a life…

I wonder why we drive on the parkway, but park on the driveway?

INCOMING!

“I wonder-wonder-wonder-wonder who who wrote the Book of Love.”

–More importantly, Flyp, I wonder who edited the goddam thing? There are a lot of omissions, contradictions, and no operating instructions! Kee-kirst! Musta been one of those vanity-press jobs.

Major lawsuit, in my opinion.

Coldfire said that my TV turns itself on because I roll over and my butt hits the remote. But I swear, both times the TV turned itself on, the remote was sitting right next to it.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese

I wonder how many people are having sex RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT. Most useful if you are bored at around 10pm at night.

Gail, a spike or power surge in your electricity can turn on your TV. The little switch on the front of the set can’t handle the power required to fire the electron gun.

That switch merely sends a signal to a larger switch or circuit telling the TV to turn on. A surge in the line may have enough power to jump across the contacts of the small switch, thereby sending a false signal.

Yeah, and I think my copy’s in Swahili.

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad