Things that dopers overstate

[QUOTE=Cardinal]

If you and your spouse have college degrees, and you interact with other degreed people at work, and your friends tend toward the intelligent and educated, it’s easy to forget that there are 10s of millions of people out there who didn’t even graduate HS.
[/QUOTE]

A quick trip into the local McDonald’s or Wal*Mart should rid anyone of this notion.

Oh yeah, I forgot this one:

Good call!

Was that thread a hoot or what? It left me wondering if male dopers start measuring their penis from the back-side of their buttocks!

[QUOTE=Silver Fire]
The [above] average intelligence of the board’s membership?
[/QUOTE]
Well, you’ve got to admit: all the women are strong and all the men are good looking, so it follows that. . . .

[QUOTE=tomndebb]
Well, you’ve got to admit: all the women are strong and all the men are good looking, so it follows that. . . .
[/QUOTE]

Everyone’s gay?

[QUOTE=Noone Special]
Dopers tend to ask “cite?” far too often… :wink:
[/QUOTE]

too bad you aren’t allowed to have an avatar :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, that’s really too bad…

[QUOTE=Annie-Xmas]
I can’t believe I’m the first to post:

PENIS SIZE
[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one appreciating the brilliant above-average intelligence displayed here by the use of all caps ?

:stuck_out_tongue:

I would opine, however, that our dear AnnieXmas is not correct. Opposed to, say, AOL Chat Rooms, the SDMB Boards are rarely if ever populated by folks whose prime objective in joining is to regale us with the ( immensely exaggerated ) proportions of either their penile or clitoral appendages.

Amen. :smiley:

Cartooniverse

[QUOTE=Ellis Dee]
Big boobs is the one believable claim. Ever seen dopefest pictures? The average weight around here starts with a 2.
[/QUOTE]

and is measured in kilograms :wink:

As purely evil as some posters say Hillary Clinton and Rush Limbaugh are, you’d think they’d be pals.

Some folks post to say that The Simpsons have jumped their 96th shark, and they’re pretty darned excited about it.

Did you notice the butterfly in (…) ep of Heroes that would be dead by that time of year? What’s up with that? Does it mean Ando is a double agent?

Fred Phelps is insane; that really shocks me.

I’m surprised this one hasn’t come up yet:

SUVs are gas-guzzling, environment-raping behemoths whose drivers are arrogant and incoNsiderate pricks completely lacking of any manners and courtesy.

While SUV’s are not exactly known for their fuel efficiency, I don’t think it’s fair to say that ALL SUV drivers are menacing assholes (I don’t drive one myself, though).

I thought of a few more:
Battlestar Galactica is a good TV show

Political Correctness is an extant relevant social force

War of the Worlds, directed by Steven Spielberg (although people always talk about its star, not its director), was a less than perfect movie