Things that people get Very Wrong

Window Fan a.k.a. Box Fan. There may be a proper way to use them, but I’ve only seen them left in the window all day long. They blow into the room not out.

Meh, if you live in a place without any gang activity, it’s hard to realize just how pervasive it is in some places.

So making the leap that “No Colors” actually means “No Coloreds” isn’t that far.

Sister-in-Law. How do they get spaghetti to grow that straight?

One of my ex boyfriends, “If you put food up your butt, will poop really come out of your mouth?”

i’ve seen photos. it doesn’t grown straight but it does grow on trees.

WOW. Thread winner. Right here. WTF. :eek:

Aren’t Sister-in-Laws great…for entertainment?
Mine thinks the 2012 Mayan prophecy and the zombie apocalypse are the same thing. And both are real.

They blow out if you turn them around.

How can circulating air within a room pull in air from outside the room? The fan would have to be either pulling air in, or pushing air out, to have any such effect.

I hope that she was joking.

Show her this documentary of the 1957 spaghetti harvest. It should explain things nicely.

Let’s see…I see a sign that says “No Colors” and I do not know what it means. Rather than believe it holds some meaning with which I am unfamiliar, I instead deduce that a retail establishment placed a large sign near their entrance, in 2012, to keep out the Negroes.

Yeah, not a big leap at all. :rolleyes:
mmm

Did you see the picture I linked to? That picture shows the FRONT of the fan. Most normal people are going to assume the FRONT is the part they should be viewing. Especially since the back is where the motor is, is flat, and usually just has a cord sticking out with no pretty little manufacturer’s emblem.

I don’t know about the newer ones, but the one we had, had the control knob closer to the front. Turning it around and securing it with the window, would not allow access to the knob.

My fifth-grade teacher insisted on pointing both classroom box fans straight up toward the ceiling. Because the cold air will then sink back down.

Sure, the straight ones are cool. But I was always a lot more impressed by how they could get it to grow in corkscrews, bow ties and little wagon wheels!

Oh my!

Your ex was Eric Cartman?!? (I was in tears for that episode. Yeah, I like poopy jokes, so what?)

My third grade teacher insisted pickles were a related plant to cucumbers, she thought they grew already “pickled” and were just put in a jar.

Apartheid in South Africa was way more racist than that and that only ended 20 years ago. It’s not that big a leap to think remnants of it may still exist in the American south. According to your OP she assumed that it had long since stopped and yet there was a sign saying apparently the opposite. That’s strong evidence to back her conclusion up. I know I, as an ignorant tourist from the antipodes, would initially assume something similar if I saw the sign.

Well, there are varieties of cukes that are especially well suited for pickling, and the seeds are (or used to be) sold as “pickling cucumbers”. However, I’ve had my share of teachers who would pass on misinformation and insist it was correct, too.