Things we'd like to have on our walls.

If I had my way and LOTS AND LOTS of money,

I would want my walls covered in crystals, SWAROVSKI crystals to be exact… totally coverd,floor to ceiling… sigh…

I would of course make the walls removeable by applying the crystals to drywall sheets or something so that they could follow me to my next home…

The head of John Tesh and a copy the Wall Street Journal from 10 years into the future.

Other than that, I’d like a Michael Lonechild painting.

Thanks. That one is my favorite as well.

Barry

A wall full of weapons, everything from poleaxes and broadswords to Kalashnikov AK-47s and Vulcan Cannons (or Miniguns.) Maybe a nice scythe, sculpted for war and not work. Or a speargun. The mind reels with possibilities.

I’d like to have a mixture of things. My living room is currently full of “world” decorations (batik on the wall, Peruvian weaving, saki set, etc.) I bought three over-the-top bevelled mirrors with blue and gold flake frames. I think in addition to those, I’ll put up some African style masks on one wall.

I’d also like to have some original artwork, in addition to the two acrylics my mom’s given me (her work). Unfortunately, I have taste that outstrips my current budget.

Finally, I’d like to have a room just for kitsch and concert posters, etc. Probably my office/TV room when I get a bigger place. That reminds me… before I move I need to go pick up a velvet Elvis from the coffee shop guy who buys them from Mexico. Apparently he gets some pretty non-standard ones.

I’ll happily send you mine - once I’ve finished the bottle of 1988 Mouton Rothschild

I agree. The rainbow/lightning picture is wonderful.

What I want to put up on my walls…? Well as of now I have a ‘Vinyl Fantasy’* poster in my closet that needs to be put up. And a poster of a Viper… I need to get thumbtacks.

What I really want to do is blow up some pictures I took while hiking/horseback riding one summer in the mountains. I got a couple of gorgeous pictures that I had stuck in a picture frame. I just need to find them now.

I also just want to get some nice fantasy posters… like unicorns and such.

My walls feel so bare right now. There is absolutely nothing on my bedroom walls and in the living room we have a trippy gnome, a bikini clad girl and the poster that came in Civ 2. When I was younger my walls were plastered with science posters mixed with bands and just posters that I liked.

[sub]*Vinyl Fantasy being a Rave that came through town last month and I was able to snag one of the advertisement posters for myself as there was a huge pile at Masjestic for anyone to take home. The picture on it is really nice actually.[/sub]

A Gerhardt Richter painting. Pretty much any of them. It’s doubtful I’ll ever be able to afford such an object though.

The wall covered with quartersawn oak wainscote.
Artwork:
http://cgfa.sunsite.dk/botticel/p-bottice9.htm

http://cgfa.sunsite.dk/caravagg/p-carava16.htm

I want a wall covered in records… I’ve got all these records, and that would be so cool, but really there’s no effort being put forth.

I also thought it’d be cool to have a huge barcode… I don’t know, just a lil fantasy of mine…

I have the AK, I want an M-1 Garande, a cheesy velvet Elvis painting and Bin Ladins head.

Oh and a huge portrait of myself…heh

Sunshine and Smiles…
I have about 15 of my OLDIES albums hanging on my wall…
They look really GROOVY :slight_smile:

Michaels Crafts Store or probably any Arts & Craft store …now carry frames made just for albums…

They are really nice…
They sell here for $12.99 but I always wait for Michaels weekly 40% off coupon and then purchase several at once…

The heads of my enemies.

Failing that, a nice poster of Salvador Dali’s work and a plasma TV.

Like godzillatemple, if I had the cash, my walls would be adorned with enlarged and framed photos that my SO and I have taken.

One day, when I’m rich, it’ll happen :wink:

For many moons the SO and I spoke about having comic-art aka animation-art (you know, the cells that they use in cartoons).

We only have one original cell, the rest are limited-edition cells, so overall their value is not astronomical.

But anyway, we moved into a new house around 18 months ago so we decided to buy some for our walls.

At last count we have around 25 which (when I added it up for this years insurance) total around $50,000.

O.M.F.G. :eek:

We also have some very (very) nice original pencil versions of Fred, Barney, Bam Bam and Pebbles drawn and signed by Bob Singer.

The latest addition at around $14,000 were 4 pieces by the late Chuck Jones.

I lament the number of cells that were destroyed earlier this century as some of that art work was just astounding and I would love to own some of it.

So that’s what we wanted on our walls, and that’s what we’ve got on our walls.

I already have a tapestry, made by a friend, which hangs on one living room wall. I’d like to get a couple of the masks on this page to go with it:

http://www.falconrose.com/FALCONROSE/Furredx.html

I think the greyhound and fox would work well.

I’d love to have trompe l’oeil on the other wall but I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to afford it <sigh>.

A few thousand of these tacked up on the wall would be nice…

This bronze piece by Bill Mack.

I want more art than I have walls for. I already have a gorgeous poster from the 17th Annual Dodge Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park, Connecticut (from Labor Day, 1999) which is 11x17 and features a lovely painting (well, actually, it looks like chalk? I don’t know) of three old Doge race cars rounding a turn, under the autumn leaves - wonderful colors and a delightful subject. I also have a huge print of Edward Hopper’s “Nighthawks.” I’d like to supplement “Nighthawks” with a couple other Hopper prints, most especially “Gas,” and maybe a print of “The Singing Butler” by Jack Vettriano.

Then, to make a complete change from the fully saturated colors of the art already mentioned, I’d go nutso with Gunslinger’s photography. He’s done some marvelous pieces in black and white. He’s getting in to color work, now, too, but to me black and white is what says “art.”

When we go to New York City, we’re going to do some architectural stuff and try to get an interesting shot of the Chrysler Building, which is my favorite skyscraper. I’ve already been down there once, and taken an interesting picture of the Empire State Building, but I don’t have any webspace to post it on to show y’all.

nuthinboutnuthin:

no way! I definitely gotta get me some of those things. Hey, thanks for the tip! It’ll be the Clash in one corner, and Bob Marley in the other, and… :smiley: