Things You've Never Noticed, and Now You Can't Stop Noticing

I think it’s just the top half of an arrow. Sort of. If you squint reeeeeal hard.

I would have to say the dual blips when they change reels in a movie theater, it drives me mad!

Like the FedEx arrow, the arrow in the standard US “Exit” sign. It took me forever and a day to see that arrow, but now it’s the only thing I notice when I see one of those signs.

:eek:
You unspeakable bastard. Now I have to go and download some cutsey-ass cursor. :slight_smile:

There’s this little spot between my two furthest-back teeth on the left side where food sometimes gets stuck. I can loosen it with enough prodding from my tongue. I first noticed it a few months ago, and now I obsessively make sure it’s food-free.

Yes, there is. Now, try NOT noticing it… :smiley:

Are you talking about the black circles in the upper right hand corner? If so, that was what I was going to mention. Before seeing Fight Club, I’d never noticed them and now, I see them every time.

The movie reel-changing blobs are annoying, but the one that has me crackers right now is commercial signs that have bulbs burned out.

One night Mr. Ruby was lamenting that a new business had a beautiful sign and logo but half of it was not able to be seen because of a 99 cent light bulb. Now I can’t drive down the street without seeing an inordinate amount of signs with burned out bulbs.

Ever since I joined www.m-w.com email list. (dictionary website) I’ve REALLY started to take notice when people use what I call “five dollar words” by that I mean words that aren’t commonly used by the general populace. Words like ambivalent, sylvan, ubiquitous, ect…

I especialy notice when people use these words in the wrong context.

Survivor by Destiny’s Child. Back when it was in heavy rotation, I noticed the most annoying thing during the chorus…
“I’m a survivor” what
“I’m not gon’ give up” what
“I’m not gon’ stop” what
“I’m gon’ work harder” what
“I’m a survivor” what
"I’m gon’ make it "what
“I’m not gon’ stop” what
“Keep on survivin’” what

The what (s) were chimed in by the non-Beyonce members at the end of each line. Once I noticed it, it was the only damn thing I could hear in the song. My roommate cursed me for pointing it out to her (a devoted DC fan) since she could no longer gain full enjoyment from this lyrical masterwork.

I still don’t understand…do they want her to say it louder? Or maybe they’re saying “word”, as an affirmative interjection? Either way, its the only part of the song I sing along to now until I change the station.

We have a sports clothing company here called Canterbury Clothing Company. They have been around for donkeys years and always with the same logo (on this page http://www.canterburyofnz.com/ ).

I always thought the logo was just 3 C’s until someone recently pointed out that there are 3 kiwis in the logo too. I feel like such an idiot for never noticing and now I can ONLY see kiwis not C’s.

Yes I am a :wally

This is totally unfair and I hate myself for it. One of my coworkers is the most honorable, responsible, fair, compassionate people who does this verbal thing when he’s nervous. (And he has plenty reason for nervousness, as he does a very hard, thankless job.) It’s so damned petty but he interjects “here” the way some people use “uh”–and it drives me nuts. It’s not so much ungrammatical as an unconscious tic. It doesn’t have a damned thing to do with the substance or personal responsiblity for what he says but I can’t help waiting for him to say it. It’s like water dripping out of a tap that drowns out everything else.

Glam ads for beauty products. I watch ‘em like somebody obsessed with blooper out-takes or frustrated David Copperfield critics. (Andie McDowell "I’m worth it’ is prime fodder.) I know there are tricks galore, even if I muddling along way behind the trickery.

Veb

:smack: I’ve got several rugby tops & have only ever thought they were “C’s” until now.

My mother is Dutch, but has been in Australia since the mid '50s. Until a friend pointed it out I never noticed that she tends to roll her “r’s” when she talks. Now I pick it up all the time. :slight_smile:

The spaces between posts on a thread. Sometimes they’re blue and sometimes they’re white. Someone pointed this out along with the fact that you can click the white ones to make them blue. Now I compulsively click every white space to make it blue. And now you all will too!

Mine is similar, but it’s Chick-fil-a, a fast food joint. The “C”? It’s a chicken too. Yeah, everyone else in the world probably noticed it years ago, but I realized it…within the last two years.
A friend tends to drop her h’s when she says words like “human” - it turns in to U-man. I never picked up on it until I had a professor who did it, and it drove me nuts. Now I hear it whenever my friend says it.

Heh, until I read your post, I always thought it was just 3 kiwis. I never noticed the 'C’s. :smack:

I never noticed before that people would say “I could care less” instead of “I couldn’t care less.”

There’s a similar arrow, though a little less visible, on a standard EXIT sign.

I hate those so much. I remember a thread about some other kind of dots that showed up periodically to deter pirates, but I’ve never seen those. Maybe they stopped using them?

I’ve noticed this ever since we started having them after the Great Remodel. I thought it was just something with my browser.

I notice when people italicize things that they shouldn’t. Like if you’re listing movie titles, but the commas are italicized too. I’m so lame.

How strange! I just clicked a few and now they won’t go back to white.

Mine are all gray. And clicking them doesn’t do anything. :confused: