Think of a famous Photo.

Got mine.

Without looking at the link or reading any of the thread…

this photo.

It popped into my head instantly upon seeing the thread title.

Moon and Half Dome

I immediately thought of the photo Ms Whatsit posted. I do, however, find it very interesting that the majority of people who’ve posted here first thought of images that are unpleasant or traumatic. I wonder why it is that it’s the unhappy stuff that sticks most in our memories?

This is what came to mind immediately.

Unhappy stuff is interesting. I mean, think about it…you see people kissing all the time. It takes a ‘spectacular event’ to make such a scene worthy of remembrance. But someone getting shot? That’s something you **really **don’t see every day. It sticks with you.

That’s the one.

My second would be the Tiananmen Square pic .

I also went to Beowwulf’s photo, but since it’s a still taken from film-footage I had this one as an alternate. Amazing how most of the images have to do with some aspect of violence or assassination (even the Afghan girl- she was in a refugee camp due to war).
My third and my distant fourth and fifth (and non-violent) thoughts.

I don’t think it is a film frame. Read this: Militaryphotos.net

That’s the one I thought of. Now I don’t have to look it up myself. :slight_smile:
**Susan, **that one just breaks my heart every time I see it. Sigh.

Strange–I’m the only one who thought of this one

Several powerful photos upthread but, on a lighter note, I’ve got a copy of this in my living room. :slight_smile:

This was pretty iconic in its day,

froookin boards are running poo today.

casdave your link was broken. the above link works

Darn it! A bug in sdmb? (if you paste a link with parenthesis in… the software excludes the last ) from the url)

My first was your second.

Nope, that was mine too.

Me four. Or five, I quit counting.

Probably some shrink would have something to say about the differences between people whose first choice was something traumatic or violent, or some of us whose first thought was something mildly erotic.

I dunno, I just always imagined the nurse in this picture being extremely hot, so I kinda like it.

Also MsWhatsit’s photo.

I also thought of MsWhatsit’s, but a close second was this one.

Only because I used it for class a few weeks ago.