Third Watch 5/6 -- how did it end?

I was watching Third Watch last night* and the video went out on the local NBC station just before the show ended. I still had sound, but since it was a quiet part of the show (about the time of the WTC firefighter’s funeral) there wasn’t too much to hear.

Anyway, I know one of the firefighters (Jimmy? I’m not good with the characters’ names) was working on some project for the entire episode, but I didn’t get to see what it was. I’m guessing it was a tribute to the firefighters who died on 9/11.

So can anyone help me out here? What happened in the last five or ten minutes?

• For those of you who are wondering why I wasn’t watching Angel, it’s because I don’t get the WB. They show it here Tuesday nights at 10 on another network.

I hadn’t yet erased my tape of this, so I cued it to the end again and here’s what happened.

They had the funeral, then the procession to the graveside, with the bagpipers and the coffin on the fire truck.

[cut to]

Sully faced off with the Russian mob guy and told him to stay away, and the Russian told Sully to stay away as well. Ended that part with a big “We’re not finished, you and me!” from Sully.

[fade to]

After the funeral, the characters all gathered in a backyard somewhere and talked about the Twin Towers, with Richard Belzer giving a slightly stirring speech about the aftermath, all the funerals and memorials, etc., and how the digging at the site will be over in a few weeks and everyone would have to just walk away, no one else would be found. He implored everyone to remember, to honor the dead that way.

[cut to]

Sully got back to his house and showed Tatiana/Natasha the record he found for her.

[fade to]

Closing scene was Jimmy mounting the Sept. 11 memorial on the station-house wall, and then an alarm was called, and they all jumped in the trucks to head out. The blonde paramedic whose father was found at the WTC site joined the firefighter squad for the call.

Faded out with a close-up to the station house wall with the memorial plaque.

Thanks for the great description, Corixidae. :slight_smile: Like I said, I couldn’t really tell what was going on from just the sound, and I was curious about what happened.