This Biden closing pitch literally gave me goosebumps

Kudos to his ad team for so masterfully channelling what has to be a highly prevalent groundswell of sentiment among American voters exhausted by the shitshow of a presidency we have been enduring.

Fluff, but pretty damn good fluff.

Is there a YouTube link to this content please?

I don’t know. It seems like the video is posted directly to Twitter–no YouTube link. If you find one, feel free to share it!

I want to help Biden defeat Trump, so I put it on my own Youtube account. They are welcome to pull it down, but here is the link in case they leave it up.

Here is the link

Nice! It would shock me if they minded this in the least.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you click the Twitter link?

Clicking on the Twitter link takes you straight to the video. I do have a Twitter account (which I seldom use). Don’t know if you need one.

You don’t.

Why was everyone scrambling for a YouTube link?

I don’t know. That’s why I asked him what happened when he clicked on the Twitter link.

Some people on here freak out at the possibility of having to go to Twitter or Facebook to view content. I have no idea why.

Bigger, better picture on Youtube.

Great video.

They’re the same size - there’s a two-arrow button on the Twitter video to expand to fullscreen.

It goes to twitter and the video appears but does not play on my rather ancient machine. It just ponders the question endlessly with a circle chasing its tail as time goes on and on. Occasionally a twitter video will play for me eventually, this one did not. I usually overcome the challenge by finding the video directly on YouTube but could not find it today. (I have a similar technology problem with my eight-track player – I cannot find the shuffle button on that thing no matter how much I search for it.)

The problem is from that time the dinosaur took a bite out of the corner of the thing. :roll_eyes:

That is almost certainly the problem, I had forgotten that event until now.

I wasn’t going to admit that my operating system is not only out of date but that one of the systems that replaced mine is also no longer receiving updates. An older version of YouTube still runs on this contraption so that is how I try to compensate for its age. I am hoping XP makes a comeback someday.

Later if you youngsters want to gather around the kerosene lamp, I will tell you about the flip phone I still carry and use daily as well as the even older flip phone I keep as a back-up. You see, back when I was your age everything was not build to be obsolete after six months and we never threw away any capital expense because there was a newer shinier version available… (etcetera ad nauseam.) Now you know all my secrets you pesky kids!

Regarding the ad - It’s fine. I hope it moves some number of people to vote for Biden. But to me, it is really a study in the use of emotion-tugging music. The music did all of the heavy lifting. The images were really standard issue slo-mo mom/kids/chevy/applepie stuff, interspersed with recently deceased icons. Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but it didn’t raise my goosebumps.

Not difficult to choose decency, respect, empathy, love of animals and America, over callousness, vindictiveness, narcissism, hatred of animals, and Putin.

Thank you!
I was touched by it but not quite a gooseflesh affect. I was hoping it would be compelling for some friends who are weak Trump supporters but still suspicious of Biden; this is not the thing that will pull them over the fence.

This spot would be a perfect crying into your whiskey late at night after Trump has done something extraordinarily disgusting that day. Hopefully there will be a very limited number of those days left. Once the election is over I hope this is a “what can be” rather than a “what could have been”.

Thank you for making it more available in general, and especially for me.