Does Biden have early on set dementia?

He’s done a couple of flubs with his lines, but some people have said he has obviously early on set dementia, with his light schedule and restricted meet and greets, if this is the case, how is this a good thing when he is going against Trump?

No it’s not. He is not sharp.

The media is “fascism curious” and will string this along like its the greatest thing ever that the people have spoken against revolution and for decency.

But he will make a gaffe and then whoops: What happened to the decency?

They get to cover the end of democracy, which makes them very important.

You can’t really call it “early onset” for a 77-year old, but I do believe he has dementia. My mom does too, has been showing signs for years, and frankly she’s more consistently coherent than he is.

And no, there is no upside to that when going against Trump.

No, he doesn’t. He’s just often an awkward public speaker.

Don’t think so. I mean yes, he is a bad speaker, but there’s been a marked decline.

Have you people never listen to Biden before? He might be a little worse than the past, but he has always been a gaff machine.

I doubt very much that Biden has a serious issue with his mental acuity. I think that he has enough people around him who would be frank with him about that and more importantly, I think he would listen to them.

Ah well er um…Just how would that convo be sounding? This is 3 or 4 levels deep in delusion.

Could be, but I doubt it. Frankly, the Biden / dementia rumors are suddenly popping up all over the Internet in precisely the same places and ways as the “Hillary is dying!” rumors were in late summer of 2016 – the patterns are IDENTICAL. And 3+ years later, Hillary shows no signs of having died.

No idea. But if he did, all he would have to say in his defense is that he doesn’t need to be dementia free, he just needs to have a lower level of dementia than Donald Trump.

The idea is not to have Joe alive come 3 years from now. It’s to beat turmp. How does your comparison work there?

There may be some decline in there, but between his speech impediment, his historical record of embellishment, and some of his odd ideas, it’s hard for me to come to the conclusion that he has a health issue.

But of course, I’d vote for post-stroke Woodrow Wilson before I’d vote for Trump.

If he does, hopefully someone in his inner circle will leak this, and the party can choose a different candidate.

You think Jill Biden or the Obamas would let Joe embarrass himself on the national stage in this way?

What’s delusional is to think that they would.

Oh, it could be an effective way to smear him and may indeed make it harder for him to beat Trump, but that wasn’t the question. The question was whether he actually has dementia, to which I think the correct answer is “probably not, but somebody out there is really really pushing the narrative that he does.”

They let him embarrass himself almost every time he goes on the podium. And Obama said, “You don’t have to do this, Joe, you really don’t”, and still has not endorsed him.

I’ve stuck a fork into Joe multiple times throughout this elections cycle. He was not my first choice and I am more behind Bernie’s progressive platform than I am for Joe’s much more moderate approach.

But here we are with Joe back from the dead and Bernie struggling to survive.

And not putting his thumb on the scale prior to the nomination is the only responsible thing Obama could or would do. So what you claim about a lack of endorsement is not meaningful in any way at this stage.

Probably not.

But GOPers weaponizing this attack is bullshit given Trump is much worse. Trump can’t complete a sentence or even read off the teleprompter without slurring his words. He’s in his element at rallies when his base allow him to wonder from one thing to another. Go watch that video of him ranting about toilets and how people flush 10 or 15 times before immediately moving onto dishwashers and back to corrupt democrats.

Oh and George W Bush.

“Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice…can’t get fooled again”

Of course Biden is a bit of a fool. But his presidency will feature competent democrats and Obama era officials. A semblance of calm.

:eek:

Woodrow Wilson is probably one of the few presidents since the turn of the 20th century who is / was a worse person than Trump. If it came down to a choice between those two, I’d probably go with Trump.

As for whether Biden has dementia, my guess is probably not, but I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

ETA: Even if he does have dementia, and even if medical records documenting that diagnosis are released, I’d still vote for him against Trump.

Even if Biden does have dementia, we can have a shadow government run by his wife, as happened with Wilson. I am surprisingly OK with that considering that Jill Biden is smart, educated, and a total badass.