This has to stop: extreme actions at political gathering

An Antifa guy tried blocking someone’s car, smacks the car with a bat or pipe. It did not end well for him.

Can’t we discuss civilly? Protest civilly? Agree to disagree, then vote accordingly?

Both sides are saying, “You first.”

Some conveniently placed camera-peeps, all strongly (loudly) on the side of the driver who tried to run the protester down.
Article posted by ‘RedState’ (Breitbart/DailyCaller/TinFoilWeekly/ same thing).
So-called manly grunting Nazi-MAGAt gets out after committing one felony and commits another ‘staged’ felony.

Must be a slow day for ̶I̶n̶c̶e̶l̶s̶. ̶C̶i̶r̶c̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶. news.

It ended better than it might have.

Standing in front of car a wearing a mask and screaming at the driver while holding a bat might be construed the wrong way.

I don’t know why some videos won’t play for me. Synopsis?

The driver did a poor job of trying run the protestor down.

One lone guy gets in front of another guys truck and then hits it with a stick. Truck driver gets out and beats him up.

There is no indication that the guy is part of any movement or organization. These are just a couple of knuckleheads, and the video has no more political significance than any brawl you’d see on Worldstar.

People who do evil in the name of good are the most frightening of all, regardless of which side they are on.

Are you fucking kidding me? The dude hit a truck with a stick. He wasn’t running a death camp or torturing children. And he got beaten up for his troubles.

And again, there is no indication of the stick guy’s motive. Maybe he’s mentally ill, maybe the truck guy slept with his wife, maybe the whole thing was staged.

I think Antifa militants struggle to prevent far-right people from winning adherents who choose not to vote but to commit armed attacks.

I don’t have a lot of sympathy for idiots that block traffic, it’s basically a form of terrorism in my opinion.

You missed out a crucial part of the synopsis. The guy hits the vehicle after the driver drove his vehicle into him for several yards.

Neither person comes out looking good, and both should face criminal charges. The driver should face more serious charges for the brutal physical assault. He had the other guy on the floor, not fighting back. He could have restrained him, but instead proceeded to punch the man in the head several times.

Sure, which is why I called them a couple of knuckleheads.

Getting on my high horse, I agree that truck guy should have driven off and not gotten out to fight the guy. Not just because violence should be reserved for dire self defense, but also because he had no idea of stick guy’s capabilities. Maybe stick guy had a gun.

Dismounting from my high horse, I understand Truck guy being royally pissed off that he couldn’t get to wherever he was going, and getting more pissed off when stick guy banged on his door with a stick. He acted badly and stupidly, but I can’t really condemn him for being provoked.

I think what Truck guy should have done is honk his horn a few times, then edged the vehicle forward slowly little by little, giving the other guy clear opportunity to move out of the way. Instead, he drove his vehicle into the other guy at a speed such that he could only move by walking backwards to avoid getting run over.

If the guy was totally intent on blocking the road, letting no-one pass and creating a public scene, then I think that’s something that should be left to the authorities to deal with.

Like I said, he behaved badly. But Stick guy shouldn’t have been out there in the first place. If you’re going to provoke people, don’t expect them to act calmly and rationally in response.

Also, we have no idea what was going on before the video. Something happened that made camera guy start filming. (Assuming this wasn’t staged.)

And I think that’s all I really have to say about this stupid trivial incident.

He could have busted the window out on the next swing and knocked the driver out. If he had a gun than driving away just makes the driver an easy target. This falls under fight-or-flight rules.

Masked/armed/stick guy wasn’t acting rationally so it’s difficult to predict what he will do. The driver subdued him and eliminated the threat.

The video is also on YT, though it’s a bit grainier than the version on redstate.

You think that a motorist leaving the scene is an easier target than a motorist who rolls to a stop, allows the assailant to approach his car, then exits the vehicle and presents himself as a target within arm’s reach. Sure, buddy, OK.

This guy wasn’t protecting himself. He wanted to retaliate and went so far as to endanger himself to do so.

:rolleyes: “Eliminating the threat” is not an adequate justification for beating up other people at whim.

Your opinion is pretty disgusting but unfortunately also fairly widespread. Blocking traffic is stupid and thoughtless, but it’s a traffic violation, not an excuse for assault.

Pushing a traffic-blocker with your vehicle and then beating him up when he hits your vehicle is just seizing an excuse to indulge your road rage.

Yes. if he had just swung the bat then the time to find out if he also had a gun is before he pulls it out. Not after.

If he stayed in the car he was essentially locked into a space he couldn’t defend from a known weapon. Busting a side window out throws hundreds of tiny glass shards in your face and allows a bat or stick to then be drilled into your face lance style.

If he drove off he was vulnerable to a potential gunshot. By opening the door he was able to knock him off balance and neutralize both types of attack.