this is cool..

my daughter showed me this

Oh, wow. It seems to follow me around the room… :eek:

:smiley:

Eww!! Visine! STAT! And eww!

guhross. That’s just plain creepy.

Another vote for “Damn, that’s creepy!”

Oh yuck! Eyeballs freak me out anyway, and this one is all distorted! ::shudder::

That was horrible! Why did you post that link?

I’m afraid that now I hate you. Terribly sorry.

That is way COOL…I wonder…can I make it BIGGER???

Possibly. What I often do with shockwaves is log off, rescue them from the cache, and then run them from off my own computer. For some reason they always then run at full screen. Lots more fun.

BTW, I have seen this before and was suitably impressed (and traumatised.)

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/stu/eye.swf

View source and look for a something that could be what you’re looking for.

This also works for the built-in XP webcam software. View source on the cam page and look for the (I think) webcam.swf and go directly to that in the URL bar.

Just as an aside, how do I go about setting a SWF like this as an active desktop?

(It would be a great practical joke for some computer illiterate people I know.)

You’ll need to make an HTML container for it. Here’s what I did:

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<center> 
<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=4,0,2,0" width="1000" height="500">

<param name=movie value="eye.swf">
<embed src="eye.swf">       </embed> 
</object> 

</center>
</body>
</html>

Copy that code to Notepad and save it with an HTML extension to the same place as the swf file. Then set that HTML doc as the desktop background, and Bob’s your uncle.

You can play around with the width and height attributes in that <object> tag to make it bigger or smaller, but keep them at a 2:1 ratio to avoid getting grey bars around it. To adjust the vertical position, add or remove <br> tags.

That’s just what I want. Thanks a bunch Mbossa.
Now watch while I “alter” one of the conmputers at work just before I leave…

j_sum1.

SWF? Single white female? And just what is it that you want to have move around with the mouse pointer?..