This is the first time I've been able to get here...

…in over a week. Was there some sort of general problem with the server? I tracert-ed the connect attempt to http://www.straightdope.com and it petered out somewhere around my fifth hop, my fourth hop being 63.97.40.129, which is only off from the straightdope server by one segment.

This is really just a curiousity thing. I was going crazy from board withdrawal… :slight_smile:

jayjay

Just FYI for anyone that needs the “new” IP information it’s:

Straight Dope IP addresses

Main Page 65.201.198.8

Message Board 65.201.198.9

< handy for pinging and tracerting the server to see where the hiccup is. I have used this area many a times to ensure it wasn’t an ISP issue >
My understanding is this didn’t happen till today…I could be wrong but I did encounter some unusual problems, “server not found” type of crap.

Your ISP may have been having a brain fart…this happens a lot with mine but then again I have been having problems with my phone line so it’s a crap shoot.

BTW, the old addresses where 63.97.40.3 for the Straight Dope home page and 63.97.40.4 for the boards…

I am a geek, what can I say?

Oh and Kudos to Jerry for the switch…it’s easy but not that easy, been there, done that and usually filled with crap one doesn’t want to contend with.