This is what gets you a warning these days?

Wtf?

This gets you a warning these days?

Sure I don’t drop by every day but I thought the Dylan Mulvaney thing was topical and worthy of discussion.

Bringing JK Rowling into it was not reasonable.

To me, you seem to have a knack for showing up once in a while and basically stirring crap up. As I mentioned, I bumped this up to the Modloop. Your past record and clear and obvious hijack was good reason for a warning.

Hijack?
Rowling’s?
Past record?
Are you kidding?

Rowling’s never became the central focus of that discussion. She was just an example of a liberal that had different ideas about trans issues.

And since when was “stirring up shit” a bad thing here? If this isn’t the place for those sort of conversations them this is a very different place than it was a decade ago.

I didn’t realize harmony was the goal.

Thank God!

We’ve really done a great job around here.

The thread in question was just from last month! Is that now considered old? The topic is still in the fucking news how can it be old?

Guessing when the op showed up the red flags went flying because reasons?

The topic was a brand of beer. I don’t understand how anything damuruajashi said was related to the topic.

Correct, one of his posts were flagged as a hijack and when I looked at it, I saw a pretty clear hijack.

If posters clamor to open the thread, I will do so after removing his posts and the replies to him. Just not sure where to move them. Preferably the cornfield.

Something, something, butterbeer, something?

That might have made sense. But no, there were a lot of jokes about beer, a brand labeled as “conservative” and some old beer stranger wants to get rid of. And then he bumped the thread to talk about Rowling and how poorly on the left hate trans people, too. It was an unexpected shift.

He was responding to a post about Budweiser which is a brand of beer too.

Which leads back to the question, why bring up JK Rowling?

Oh, Happy Birthday, BTW.

Yeah, the post he responded to was on topic. I never said otherwise.

Someone pegged the trans issues as left vs right and I was pointing out that it’s wasn’t. In fact I go so far as to explain thec reference to Rowling’s in one of my posts.

I hope you’re kidding. I drop by every few months when I am interested in what folks here think about things and now it sounds like these conversations are no longer welcome there.

Have you not read Harry Potter and the Cask of Fermentation? The audiobook is amazing, even if the narration is kind of slurred.

Oh, I don‘t want to just get rid of it. I want someone to suffer for the fact that it has been sitting under my sink for eight years because I’m too embarrassed to even take it out to the dumpster. I want to punish someone with it, preferably by appealing to their own hubris, and rebranding it as a “Conservative treat” would make my journey worthwhile.

Stranger

Explain the reference to Rowling’s what in one of your posts.

Is Rowling left? Is that an assumption, or has she demonstrated that? What makes it a Left/Right thing is that only right wingers even bring it up, let alone get all riled up about it.

Am I the only one that knows that Rowling’s has controversial views on the trans issues?

It’s nice to see that there is still humor left in our society :slight_smile:

I don’t know who “Rowling’s” is.