This Just In...Fox News Channel is bunch of lying fucks

My font here is terrible – at first glance I thought it said “… giving them eyeballs and dicks.

I’ll say I share your frustrations. I sometimes wonder how assholes can literally spread Russian propaganda in the US while claiming to be a legitimate news organization, and get away with it.

I only have to hope that in the long run they don’t get away with it.

Yes, it’s payments from cable companies, even more than payments from advertisers, that make FoxNews profitable.

There are various movements that advocate for cable customers to tell their providers that they consider FoxNews to be an entertainment channel, not news, and thus they shouldn’t be expected to pay for it. (Some fraction of every monthly payment goes to Fox even if they customer NEVER tunes that channel in.) FoxNews should be like STARZ or the Playboy Channel—an opt-in that people choose to pay for.

One of the better-known campaigns is at Change dot org, but a quick Search of terms like ‘opt in’, ‘cable provider,’ ‘Fox News’ etc. will turn up many.

ETA: I removed the link as giving it might violate our site rules–I don’t usually provide such links (for political/social activism) so I’m a bit fuzzy. Moderators, if even mentioning a site is forbidden, feel free to edit out.

from Kiwiland

I’ve an Australian friend here. When I suggested Australia could have Murdoch back at any time, his response was, “Oh, Hell, no!”

It really is as simple as that. Keep out the guy who sells rage, and you’ll have less rage.

When rage is outlawed, only outlaws will have rage?

Sounds good to me.

(For some reason this reminded me of the Classic Trek episode Mirror, Mirror, at the end of which

Kirk, returned to his own universe from the savage Mirror universe, asked Spock how he’d been able to identify the ‘Mirror Kirk’ as a ringer so quickly. Spock’s answer was to the effect that Mirror Kirk had NO ability to behave as a civilized person–no self-control–and so was easy to ID.

)

I’ve been a serious Trekker since I first saw the original series, yet I’ve always wondered about that line. Given the society in the mirror universe, self-control would definitely be the most developed skill one would need to avoid getting killed.

So what does Mirror universe Donald Trump look and act like?

As I’ve already pointed out, we’ve apparently already traded our universe’s Ted Cruz in exchange for the Spock-bearded EVIL Ted Cruz we now have.

The only difference between our Ted Cruz and the Spock-bearded EVIL Ted Cruz is the beard.
In fact, each is more evil than the other.

The ability to show enough self-discipline to avoid striking at a superior unless and until you’re ready to come out on top isn’t quite the same thing as the self-discipline required to act like a civilized person. There’s also the fact that one of the other major survival skills in the Mirror Universe is projecting an image of strength, even (or perhaps especially) if you’re weak (analogous to the way Faux Noise pundits tend to dial up their “stupid person’s idea of a smart person” image).

It’s tempting to picture a Donald Trump who is honest, kind, intelligent, empathetic, and decent.

But I warn you: undertaking such an exercise would be a mistake. Do NOT ask anyone to think about this; the result of the effort–of the magnitude of the departure from reality–is likely to be irreversible brain damage.

The one on the right in this picture.

I’m thinking Santa Claus. Take Trumps rotund frame, remove the spray tan and fake hair, add a beard (all parallel earthers have beards) and a jolly generous disposition and you’re set to go.

Semi-on-topic, DirecTV has ended its contract with OAN which may well kill the LittleBullshitNetwork by depriving it of 90% of its revenue. The article hints at the possibility that the carrier will “evaluate” their agreement with NewsFlax as well and drop them if they see fit, but DirecTV is only offering boilerplate so far. Faux is probably safe, though.

Yeah, I got a postcard from Direct TV (I’m a subscriber) a couple days ago detailing what channels they were adding and deleting, and noticed that. Wonder if they’ll be any blowback from customers in the more Conservative areas (I live in Alabama).

Modern conservatism is little more than performative whining, so of course they will ‘blow back’.

I will never stop giggling at conservatives crying censorship when the free market does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Never not funny.

In conservative language “Free Market” means that companies should be forced by the government to do what the conservative minority wants.