This year's award for Worst Strategy at a Parole Hearing

…goes to Robert Bliss Arthurson, who was convicted of murdering a 13 year old girl in 1994.

Granted, there was little chance of a favorable decision at his recent parole hearing what with his own admission that he still fantasized about little girls and the petition signed by over 1000 people in his hometown (with a population of less than 6000) saying he should never be released. But still, most lawyers would advise their clients that a parole hearing is a poor setting for confessing to an additional sixteen murders.

Well, telling the truth is a sign that he’s turned over a new leaf. That should count for something, right? :rolleyes:

Link?

CBC News story

Killer’s admissions stun, anger The Pas residents

I think most, if not all, of the other crimes he’s now admitted to were sexual assaults and not murders.

Dammit **Bookkeeper **, you beat me to it! :wink:

I found another Canadian article that said the police think he may also be referring to times when he exposed himself but never physically harmed the person he was exposing himself to. Apparently there aren’t enough missing persons or unsolved crimes in his community to account for the 15 or 16 others.

Sounds like he just wants to stay in jail and feels (rightly) that he belongs there.

He also wins the award for looking exactly like a guy who rapes and murders little girls :eek:

That acid-washed jean jacket is AWESOME.

I used to have one just like it.

Who remembers when Charlie Manson showed up at a parole hearing with a swastika carved into his forehead?

Or when Sideshow Bob showed up with “Die Bart Die” tattooed on his chest?

You know Trunk, I am sick of people like you maligning Sideshow Bob.

As poor Sideshow explained-it was German for ‘The Bart The.’
Get it right before you start slamming someone.

Anybody who speaks German can’t be evil.

Sieg Heil.

According to the article, the perp did not want/did not expect to be released, so his parole hearing strategy was just fine.