This year's UK christmas no 1 single is...

… well on current sales it will be “Killing in the Name” by Rage Against the Machine. :slight_smile:

There’s a growing internet campaign to make sure Simon Cowell’s latest puppet doesn’t get to No 1 at Christmas, by mass downloads of “Killing in the Name”.

So far it’s working - but there’s still a few days to go :slight_smile:

Please let the internet campaign work. Christmas number one has been Cowell’s every year since 2004. Let this reign of tyranny end.

I just bought the RATM song online. I already have it on the album somewhere, but I’d much rather hear that on the radio than the xfactor rubbish.

This is a damn good plan. Protest against Cowell and the X Factor shit churned out by Sony by promoting a song by a group signed to Epic which is a subsidiary of Sony.

Everyone’s a winner. People get to stick two fingers up at Cowell, Sony get lots of money.

Yeah yeah, NME’s been there and done that :wink:

Not to mention the irony of a group of people all being encouraged to act *en mass[/i[ and purchase a song which emphatically states “F**k you, I won’t do what you tell me”. :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean the boy band vs. Bill Nighy set-up in Love Actually has a basis in reality? Will Rage Against the Machine perform naked on TV if they win?