Those pants are WHAT SIZE?!?!

Glad things are going your way, Opal.

Congrats, Opal.

Size 14? I could probably use those as a glove or something… :smiley:

Opal, from one gastric surgery patient to another, hearty (and heart-healthy!) congratulations. (more than 140 lbs down, and a few more months to go…)

Yup. Shopping is hell, but it’s a good hell (sometimes). Every day, thank the deities for Ross, Belz, and other discount chains. I ended up going shopping every other week since nothing would fit for more than a couple of weeks, and just now have finally given away my last bag of outsized clothes. That’s about 16 bags of clothes, ranging from 14 to 22. [I was too proud or ashamed to buy anything larger than a 22, even though I actually best needed a 24 or 26.] If opnly they’d let me take ore than 8 items at a time into the dressing room.

But do realize that sizes are very, very different, depending on the brand. I wear a size 6 in Liz Claiborne jeans, size 8 in Tommy Hilfiger jeans, and size 12 workpants at Universal Studios (WTF?). I range from a 6 to a 10, with most 8’s bein the most comfortable on me.

My biggest score? A Liz Claiborne racing-style swimsuit, size 10. Personally, I would NEVER have thought about myself getting into a size 10 ever again, exept for a pair of undies that size. Damn good feeling, not to mention guys turning their heads to look at me a second and third time, and not because my suit is crawling up my butt.

Again, congrats. And keep one shirt and one pair of jeans for future reference. Makes for great photos.

Very good! Congratulations!

If you don’t mind my asking, have you had any dietary or other complications as a result of the surgery? I hope not. And it sounds as if the results are good.

Hooray! Good for you!