Tiger woods in very serious car crash

Whatever happened to that serial cheating on his wife thing? Did he atone for that? Or did the public just forget?

Not trying to say he deserves this. I’m just currious if he actually did anything to get back into the public"s good graces.

Most people I speak with seem to think she made out well with the island and all. Sort of like Bezo’s wife. Rich people problems that come with the territory .

Possibly $37,000 worth of therapy for sex addiction.

Didn’t he have some kind of sleep-driving episode before? Like: I took some ambien, and the next thing I know my car was crashed? Am I misremembering?
Sounds like it’s serious, but not fatal. That’s good news for his family and loved ones.

I like Tiger and hope he does okay. It is not terribly unusual to need the jaws of life if the doors are damaged by a rollover. People do recover from broken femurs, tibia/fibula, ankles and pelvises. I do not know Woods’ injuries, but there is no particular reason to assume he would not recover at this stage. I wish him luck.

Yes, Tiger has a history of car accidents, going from memory:

1. The first crash when his wife found out about one of his infidelities. Rumor was she smashed the driver’s side window with an iron while he was pulling out of the driveway causing him to lose control.
  2. The crash(es) in Jupiter, FL. He apparently took meds, got in the car, and drove around for a while bouncing off of multiple vehicles before being found asleep behind the wheel of the running (but thankfully stopped) car.
  3. This one today. Cause as yet unknown.

Presser going on now. Turns out they did not use the jaws, they used normal fire fighting tools to get him out. They took him out with c collar and back board as a precaution.

Also, the LA County Sheriff’s Office says they found no evidence Woods was impaired at the time of the accident.

We’re NOT going to find out:

Sheriff Villanueva said only that Woods appeared to be driving at a “greater speed than normal” and that he did not seem to be impaired by drugs or alcohol. He added that because Woods did not seem impaired, “there was no effort to draw blood, for example, at the hospital.”

Yeah, sounds like because Woods wasn’t stinking drunk or his car full of liquor bottles, they’re gonna ignore any aspect of possible DUI for alcohol or drugs.

This is some ignorant shit. Said more rationally, there was no probable cause for a search therefore there was not one. Are you arguing that everyone in an accident should be compelled to supply blood even when the officer has no suspicion of impairment? Or just celebrities that you seem to have an issue with?

Only drivers. California has a .08 blood alcohol level.

The amount of alcohol a body can process depends on the type of drink, a person’s weight, and the serving size of the drink being consumed. One drink is considered to be one 12 fl. oz. beer, one 5 fl. oz. glass of wine, or one 1.5 fl. oz. shot of liquor. The general rule of thumb is it takes about three drinks an hour for a woman to reach a .08 BAC and it takes about four drinks an hour for men, but, these are general guidelines based upon the weight of the person drinking.

• For a person who weighs 100 lbs., it will take about three drinks an hour to reach a .08 BAC.
• At 140 lbs., it takes about four drinks an hour to reach a .08 BAC.
• At 180 lbs it takes about five drinks an hour to reach a .08 BAC.
• At about 220 lbs it takes around six drinks an hour to reach a .08 BAC.

It’s a question of whether or not people at a .08 level are obviously impaired. Since I think many are not, then all drivers in accidents should be tested.

A serious crash when a previous DUI driver is traveling at a high rate of speed, yes.

Don’t his prior multiple (?) incidents involving impaired driving constitute probable cause for a search in any future incident where there is no other apparent cause than his bad driving? It’s genuine question, not a rhetorical one - it seems in accord with common sense, but does the law say otherwise?

From your link:

1:47 PM PTOliver Konteh, a member of the crew working on the TV show “Grown-ish” recounted to us on video what the director said about Tiger nearly hitting his car just before 7 AM.

TMZ has learned … Tiger was staying at a hotel where a major network television show was being shot. Production sources tell TMZ, when the director arrived just before 7 AM, Tiger was driving his SUV very fast as he was leaving the property and almost hit the director’s car. The director was shaken enough to tell production staff about it after he parked.

A crew member who saw Tiger as he got in his SUV at the hotel tells TMZ, once Tiger got in his vehicle, there was a delay in driving off – we’re told his SUV was blocked by another car that was loading luggage – and he appeared “agitated and impatient.” The crew member says once the delay was over, Tiger “took off fast.”

My understanding from the CNN report is that his SUV crossed a median and then crossed two lanes of oncoming traffic before crashing down a hillside and overturning. It was only sheer luck that prevented many innocent people from potentially getting killed in the oncoming traffic. That alone by any rational standards should have mandated a blood test for alcohol or other incapacitating substance. And as others have noted, his past history alone, independently, should have mandated such a test. The two things together make it unconscionable that it wasn’t done. It doesn’t speak well for concern for public safety down there. Here in Ontario, given his track record, he may not have been allowed to drive at all given his past circumstances.

In Australia, ANYONE who is admitted to hospital after an MVA is subject to a mandatory drug and alcohol test. It’s not up to the discretion of the doctors or hospital.

Your understanding doesn’t matter. It’s unconstitutional. And it’s frankly cut and dry.

This is why we don’t allow justice via mob rule.

Maybe. In the US we have a constitution that explicitly prohibits it.

I lawyer can probably answer more conclusively, but generally prior bad acts are not admissible in court. This also should apply to probable cause. Reputation is not a sufficient reason to grant a search warrant.