Tiger Woods injured

ER supervisor says that Woods “is not a patient [there]”

According to HIPAA guidelines, I don’t think they can confirm is so-and-so is a patient there. When Ivylad had surgery, I was given a card with his room number to give to family and friends who wanted to contact him during his stay. I was told the hospital would not connect anyone calling to be connected with “Ivylad’s room” since that would confirm he was a patient there. They would only connect with a room number.

CNN is now saying that the “injuries are serious” comment is coming from the police report, not from the hospital. They’re also saying facial lacerations. That sounds to me like he hit the windshield or something, and the cop said it was a serious injury.

I wonder if he’s still going to try to play in the Chevron event next week? And is it normal for the police to delay reporting accidents for twelve hours? Or is it normal if the person is a celebrity, so the victim can be transported to a hospital and care commence before the feeding frenzy?

On another site, I saw some chatter about an auto accident involving Tiger about 11 am et this morning.

Considering it happened at 2:30a this morning, I would have expected to see something on it on this morning’s news reports.

Is he considered a better putter than he is a driver?

Possibly damage to public property re: the hydrant.

I’m watching Auburn/Alabama on CBS and they updated saying that Tiger’s agent says he’s fine and that there will be some sort of statement soon.

Right now this is sounding like a non-event. I’m thinking the injuries were serious enough that they took him to the hospital, so a few stitches, maybe. ‘Charges are pending’ may mean they haven’t decided if charges will come down or not and they are still investigating. Why he was driving at that hour I still can’t imagine. I love egg nog as much as anybody but if I run out at 2:30 a.m., I’ll go without.

Woods’ people and the hospital made a joint statement saying he was in a minor accident, and was treated and released. That’s all there was.

Those Escalades are expensive. I hope he can afford the repairs.

The Escalade is his hydrant-crashing car. He doesn’t take the good car out if he’s going to be doing any crashing.

Maybe he was going out to get diapers and he was groggy. Let’s try not to prejudge the guy.

Ha!

Sounds like he was just puttering along when he hit the hydrant, causing several slices. I’m sure he’ll iron things out eventually. The fact that alcohol supposedly wasn’t involved doesn’t surprise me because he’s a celebrity; such a coverup would be par for the course.

Maybe he swerved to just miss a birdie.

The link mentions his probably going to an early morning workout - sorry, that one smells of bullshit, too - I’m no pro-level athlete*, but I’m going to guess that even they aren’t working out at 2:30 in the morning, hours after Thanksgiving dinner. I would put my money on perhaps an argument with his wife, or maybe even going out for diapers (if all the alcohol and drug tests come back negative).

*I can hear your astonished gasps from here. :smiley:

golf clap

Apparently his wife Elin came to the rescue, using a golf club to smash his back window open. I wonder if it was a curling iron.

Come on, that was a light-hearted comment from some golfer they found, who quite openly just Googled it like the rest of us:

“When I first heard about it, my heart jumped a beat. But then I googled it and found a story and it sounds like he’s OK,” veteran PGA Tour golfer Mark Wilson said. “Knowing him, he was probably leaving for an early-morning workout.”