tihs is relaly wreid sutff

The only reason I looked in this thread was the abnormal rate of typos in the title. Once here, I didn’t have any trouble reading the OP, which was cool but, like others, I had trouble later with “sequentially”. Most of the words in the OP are–and certainly the sentence structure is–pretty simple. I bet it would be harder with more complex text. Still very cool!

WOW… and I always just thought I was fluent in reading typo!

Now I don’t feel so bad aobut having dyslexic fingers when I type! Now I’ll jsut ignroe all teh transposed letters and hit that send button. Yippee!

Cfofee on teh cpmouetr srecen!

Homer’s Oddity

That is so weird. I could read the OP by being only slightly slow and careful.

I also read this:
Cfofee on teh cpmouetr srecen!
Completely normally!

That is just the coolest thing.

I first read the title and thought you were drunk. Opened the thread to see what funny drunk things you had to say.

This is pretty cool, though.

I thought the same thing, Latch. I was actually hoping for something like Homer’s Monkey Butler (which Capt B. Phart linked to), which would have provided a nice laugh. Instead, I saw something really cool.

Waht aubot wrods lkie pioolhhsy, pinomena and kene? Those are much harder for me. I read everything very easily, but typing wrong was a lot of work.

If by pioolhhsy, pinemena and kene, you mean philosophy, phenomena, and knee, you misspelled two of the three misspellings.

I have got to figure out a way to continue to use farglestabbeed. My new favorite word!

I can read it great, just can’t begin to misspell the stuff because I type so fast my fingers go automatically to the right keys and it takes a huge conscious effort to spell anything wrong. So I’ll just keep reading everything you guys keep misspelling with ease and amazement! And here I opened the OP to see what weird drugs the author was on?

Here you go.

Those are the words I was trying to misspell and misspelled the misspelling. It was hard deliberately mixing up the letters. I almost resorted to writing the words down and crossing out the letters as I used them, but was way too lazy. See where laziness gets you?

Casey1505, you win the prize for the funniest one word post ever: “lnik?” Guffaw!!!

Do the words have to be approximately the same link as the originals?

Lowercase 'L’s are a problem, and putting two vowels next to each other make it hard to read.

Cool, Biggirl, I got your words right!

And Casey, somehow the combination “farglestabbeed” and sex just makes me shudder…

We’re all just SHEEP!! Have we been living a lie all this time??!!

You can e-mail me for shipping instructions. How big will this statue be?

CASEY: I take it then you are gonna ask your partner if he/she fancies a right good FARGLESTABBING rather than a straight forward screw

Okay…now everyone hush up! If this gets out, I’m out of a job. Seriously.

It also explains, at least in part, why you should NEVER proofread your own work. You read what you THOUGHT you wrote, not what is actually there. It’s virtually impossible to find all the mistakes in your own work.

Laura
Writer/editor – technical and otherwise.

Out of curiosity, I had my ten year old read the OP. There were only a few words she struggled with and she generally read it at a just slightly slower than normal pace. In some places, she read at a normal pace. I have no idea what that means but I thought it was interesting. Then again, I like to watch my computer defrag so what the hell do I know.

Couldn’t agree with you more, Sexywriter. I’m the editor for a small (read low-budget) newspaper and it’s so hard when I have to fill in for writers and there’s nobody to edit me. I tell my writers all the time that it’s not that I necessarily have better skills than they do, it’s just a matter of having an objective perspective to look things over.