tihs is relaly wreid sutff

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Funod tihs on athoenr baord…vrey cool.

Some people on this board read every letter.
But I had no problem reading the OP.

Dman! Yur’oe rgtih!

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow OW OW OW OW OW.

Brain sprain.

I read that about as fast and easily as if I was reading properly written text. Weird.

You misspelled “iprmoatnt” :smiley:

This is pretty interesting; I think I read the OP only very slightly slower than I would have with all the letters in the right place.

I think “without problem” is exaggerating, since I had to think a bit about it, but I was certainly able to read the OP. I think context is a big help, too.

:eek: Amazing.

After I read the OP, I looked again at the title of the post. Initially, I had only seen “wreid” as having been misspelled.

I had to look carefully to comprehend that all words (save for one) in the title were spelled incorrectly.

Amazingly odd.

That is very interesting. So, to combine this with what we’ve learned in the WHY CAN’T I WRITE LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME YOU FASCISTS thread, that would make consistently misspelled text easier to read than all-caps text? Fascinating.

This is very istnerenitg. Heevowr, some people do read letters squeallintney, rather than rozincege a block of letters in one psas. They may not do so well.

I’m completely farglestabbeed.

Dammit! :smack:

Only realized this upon looking back … I misspelled a misspelling …
rgtih=rgiht

And, like Mikie, weird was the only word I first noticed as being misspelled in the title.

This is very cool.

but you didn’t switch around “a” and “to”. Oh, wait.

I wonder how many of the letters have to be in the correct order, or in the correct place holder (besides the first letter) in order to recognize the word.

I, too, initially only saw the word “weird” as being spelled wrong.

Weird.

And here I thought you were trying to type while wearing a catcher’s mitt or one of those giant “#1” foam fingers.

This is my new favorite word.

:smiley:

Nateo! I only noticed the tihs. I wonder why everyone else caught the wreid. Interesting none the less.

Yaeh, I dind’t hvae any prolebms redaing tihs at all.

Jpeg Jones, squeallintney is the only word in this thread I’ve had trouble with.

At first pass, I thought, “Squeallikeapiggy, what??”

Yeah, Liz, I don’t get that one either. Which brings up a good point. . .that we may only recognize the words because we’re familiar enough with them that we know what they should be? A more difficult, uncommon, or longer word would cause problems, as I would assume it would also if you didn’t learn to read the words the way they are supposed to be written in the first place.

I certainly noticed more than one “typo” in the title, but the one that absolutely jumped out at me was “relaly.”

sequentially