Time for another "Explain Your Sig" thread.

I started to repeat an A.A.Milne poem in my head and realized that it was because I’d (subliminally) noticed it at the end of one of Reality Chuck’s posts.

“You must never go down to the end of the town if you don’t go down with me.”
… is what “James James Morrison Morrison Weatherby George Dupree” said to his M.

It’s a wonderful poem:
James James
Morrison Morrison
Weatherby George Dupree
Took great
Care of his Mother,
Though he was only three.
James James Said to his Mother,
“Mother,” he said, said he;
“You must never go down
to the end of the town,
if you don’t go down with me.”*

[removed copyrighted material]

So, thanks for changing your sig, Chuck, and I’d love to hear (from anyone who has a sig, or recognizes one) about those other phrases we’ve all been wondering about…

Moved Cafe Society --> MPSIMS; edited down copyrighted material.

Oh, ok – I figured a sig would be poetry, lit or a pop culture reference. So it would be a café thang. But it IS mundane… so thanks for the move.

And sorry if I quoted too much of the poem. I encourage everyone to read it. Or better yet, buy Milne’s poetry books like “When We Were Six”. Delightful stuff.

You’re welcome. And I choose various quotes for sigs depending on how they strike my fancy.

My signature is a gift from the Godly Moderator known only as Xash.

Steve Prefontaine was one of the toughest runners in history.

Mine is from a really bad horror movie, but thought it was really good advice in life.

It was a compliment from a poster I respect. Sorta.

I’ve had the same sig (not that I ever include it anymore) for the 9 or so years I’ve been here. Originally it was from a “Stupid Warnings on Retail Items” thingie I ran across somehere, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was the perfect disclaimer for life.

It’s an anagram. :wink:

I think my sig. explains itself.

Hmmm… let me see what it is right now…

Ah, yes. Currently it’s, “Zut alors! I have missed one!”

It’s from The Little Mermaid, when Louis the chef discovers Sebastian hiding in his kitchen.

I always forget to check the show sig option but I have two things in my sig, one because I got tired of being called “dude” and the other because I like animals but religion, not so much.

I’m not even sure what my sig is right now…

Edit: Ah. I think it’s self-explanatory.

Posting to remember what mine is, too.

ETA, ah yes. Wisdom from Bill Adama.

I’ve been thinking of changing it lately, though. I’m considering “You know, if you really want to be honest, the examined life isn’t all that much to write home about, either.”

I might have to make that my sig :stuck_out_tongue:

But the self-referencing sig might asplode the SDMB.

One of the only cool rules I remember from my less-than-legal pharmaceutical sampling days, followed by the only rule I remember from the game Dealer McDope.

Because it is the truth.

That is an awesome sig.

Oh, I remember what mine is now. An self-deprecating comment, referencing the mafia community here.

You don’t believe the media’s liberal what?

Mine comes from a character that I made up way back in the mid-1970s when I was in Junior High – “Gytalf the Utmost”, a warrior-mage who collected magical artifacts. (He wasn’t a villain, but would sometimes come into conflict with heroes and heroines; at other times, he might ally himself with the heroes in order to overcome a magical threat.)

I always wanted to look like Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees, so this idealized version of myself was good-looking with “handsome rock star” features. He would generally wear Renaissance-type clothing. He was equally proficient in martial arts, medieval-type weaponry, and the arcane arts!

Here is a pic of “Gytalf the Utmost” KOing my character “Panther Girl” – the Marvel heroine and Avenger, the Wasp (Janet Van Dyne Pym) is already on the floor. I commissioned the incredibly talented Brazilian artist Al Rio to do the pic for me.
http://qurls.com?i=46953
Here is another pic of him, this time without a beard, performing a sleep spell on Panther Girl, the Wasp, and my character, “Occulta, the Witch of the Silvery Star”.