I know better than this. Perhaps I just need to talk it out.
I have planned to retire to Mexico or Cuba, depending. I want to live cheap and retire early. On the other hand a crash of the real estate market in the US might open up possibilities.
But that crash has just started. It is not time to buy yet.
But darn it, last week the cutest little house came on the market. I know the house as it is right next door to where I grew up. The owner is a F of a F and wanted 300K for it. Now it is on the market is at 280K.
I suppose I might as well wait. I do not need a house just now. I can wait and these market conditions will reward waiting in spades, right?
I will be home in December. I suppose I will cut a new power of attorney and perhaps make an offer if the place is on the market. No reason to hurry. Another cute house is always coming on the market.
Right? (Darn I still want this house. At my age I want to nest. Talk me out of it.)