Time to celebrate SDMB November birthdays!

So true, so true.

But we’ll just keep that to ourselves.

In the past 24 hours I’ve had three people from high school, who I didn’t think even knew my birthday, wish me well. That really makes my day.

Also, my parents, from 2000 miles away, had a cake delivered to my dorm.

Man. Sometimes life is just good.
Just had to share…

By, the way, have you ever thought about how we mid-November babies were born 9 months from Valentines day? This was before it was Hallmark that sent the very best, of course. :slight_smile:

I usually kinda get ripped off on my birthday, because my wedding anniversary is on the 11th. I can think of one year when my husband got me both a birthday card and an anniversary card. And the year we actually got married, everyone, including my mother, forgot my birthday because they were so caught up in the excitement of the wedding.

I did, however, get an extra Christmas gift from my MIL that year: a Good Housekeeping cook book; it’s a good thing I got it, to, because it’s the one cook book I’ve seen that assumes you know nothing about cooking (and I didn’t). MIL explained she got me an extra gift because she hadn’t gotten me anything for my birthday.

My parents had 6 children.
3 were born in November nine months after Dad’s b-day
2 were born in April nine months after Mum’s b-day

And then there’s Kelly, the black sheep of the family, born in January. We figure he was conceived on some drunken night.

Us Scorpios aren’t usually so agreeable but since I will be 26 on the 7th, I will have to agree with you. :smiley:

Happy Birthday to you all! :slight_smile:

Thanks, cityboy916; I’ll be 33 on the 3rd. Somehow I’m less excited than usual by the prospect. Perhaps some election results will cheer me up…

Hey norinew! Me too!! November 10!

Chronologically I am supposed to be 49 but I don’t see how I could possibly be that old!

First of all, thank you, harmless.

Secondly, this is how I feel too. I’m 29?! Am I really supposed to be? How did htis happen? Seems like just yesterday I was 20 and moving out of parents’ house.

November 24th here… 36 years old :slight_smile:

Thinking of changing your user name? :wink:

Thanks for the message.

I’ll be 37 this year.

Thank Crom that it’s not on Thanksgiving this year. Last year I had to suffer through turkey on my birthday.

I just have to decide what dish I’m going to make the Mrs. cook for me this year.

It’s on a Saturday so she has no excuses.

Did you ever notice that those of us born on the 27th were born exactly 4 weeks from Christmas day? Just thought I’d share. :smiley:

Terrorcotta, it’s possible that you and I got our birth years reversed; I’m choronoligically supposed to be 43, but with two teenagers and a four-year-old, there are plenty of days I feel 49! :smiley:

The fun of a close to Thanksgiving birthday - you’re too doped up on turkey to want to go out drinking/dancing. A smart person has the Night Out before. :cool:

Wow…I was remembered.

VERY surprising…but very nice.

Thank you.

I have never in my entire life met someone who shares my birthday.

I’ll be 33. Happy Birthday!

Some of us are Sagittarius

:o Of course, I’m on the cusp.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!!!
Approximate Phonetic Chinese Version of “Happy Birthday”: (thanks, Nathan!)

“Guung juuk nay fook sow yuen teen tsai, hing hong nay sun sun fie lok. Leen leen doe yao gum yut, suuy doe yao gum jzew, guung hay nay! Guung hay nay!!!”

Approximate English Translation of Above:

“Congrats on this good day of fortune, where we can all gather together. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Every year, this wondrous day arrives; Always, this wondrous time comes. Congratulations! Congratulations!”
Hope you have a good birthday, and a great year to come! :slight_smile: