Time to recognize SD October Birthdays! :)

It’s that time again, to recognize the birthdays of Dopers. Since it’s October, all the October babies get their day (or month) in the spotlight. (albeit one day late because I wasn’t feeling up to it yesterday… sorry)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!!!

Approximate Phonetic Chinese Version of “Happy Birthday”: (thanks, Nathan!)

“Guung juuk nay fook sow yuen teen tsai, hing hong nay sun sun fie lok. Leen leen doe yao gum yut, suuy doe yao gum jzew, guung hay nay! Guung hay nay!!!”

Approximate English Translation of Above:

“Congrats on this good day of fortune, where we can all gather together. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Every year, this wondrous day arrives; Always, this wondrous time comes. Congratulations! Congratulations!”
Lissla Lissar
Stuffy
Beadalin
JessEnigma
SmashedIceCream
Cerowyn
racer72
robinc308
Eutychus
runforrestrun
callie
Tsubaki
//\etalhea|)
Melandry
zorch
D Marie
DesertGeezer
Globetrotter
CKDexterHaven
Atreyu
matt_mcl
KKBattousai
ronincyberpunk
JillGat
bodypoet
skittles
Oblong
malkavia
Esprix
LaurAnge
Davebear
AwSnappity
Sarah Es Loca
MisterBK
Qwisp
Fierra
zebra
Alexxandra
Neidhart
TheOtherOne
sirtonyh
genie
Hattrick
Slainte
Suep_du_jour
Jonmarzie
Lux Fiat
LifeWillFall
Ellen Cherry
blanx
feynn
Sparteye
green_bladder
Simple Dreamer
survivorology.com
MsMacphisto
Vixenation
UnwrittenNocturne
Aslan of Narnia
Manatee

Post here if your birthday is in October, if you know what your plans are, or if you simply want to wish them a happy birthday.

Hope you all have a good birthday and year to come! :slight_smile:

F_X

Flami, thanks so much!

I just had about the sh*ttiest day in my life today, and you just made it better.

Smashed

Happy birthday, all!

I forgive you for overlooking my birthday on October 15th.

I will be forty, anxiously waiting for life to begin…

Smashed Ice Cream, I’m glad I can still make some people feel better. :slight_smile: Hope things look up for you.

Mikie, at least someone forgives me for something! :wink: Hopefully, your life will have a shiny new beginning mid-month.

F_X

And looking at my Doper Birthday Notebook[sup]TM[/sup], where I just put Mikie’s birthday for future reference… I see that there are now EIGHT birthdays on Oct. 15. :eek:

Tsubaki
//\etalhea|)
Melandry
Hattrick
Slainte
survivorology.com
MsMacphisto
Mikie

Any more Oct. 15 people out there? You could all start a sports team with extra players in reserve, or something…

F_X

Eight is enough for one hockey team shift with two left over (gotta have a goalie). Nine would be a baseball team.

This pointless distraction brought to you by the time 1:45 and the letters I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A. They are such special letters that I included two twice.

I don’t want to hear a DAMN THING about my birthday!!! Today, I blew $10, 000. AND IT HAS TO DO WITH MY BIRTHDAY. There is this radio station in NYC (WBLS for those who CARE) that does a give away every week day, 1 grand every weekday, except on thursdat where it is is 10 tosands dollars given away for the first person to call in with the birtday they annonce tha tday. TOday way my birthday.

Did I call? NO!!! My LAZY ASS SLEPT THROUGH IT! even when my mother called to wake me up to tell me. Now Tubadiva and Monty both tell me to get over it, I never had the money in the first place. BLAH BLAH BLAH!! I’m broke I need the cash damn it!! SO I’ve been drowning my sorrows in Alcohol. and it’s been working (excuse the typo’s.) so this has been my day, damn it all to hell and gone!!

Ouch… sorry to hear that, MonkeyMule. Oct. 2 has not been a good day for you this year.

F_X

October 4th here. I’ll be 20…wow, 20. I know there are people here 3 times older but 20 years seems like a long time in my lifetime…in fact it’s practically my entire lifetime…

Well, at least I’m done with those blasted teen years.

I had mine on October 1st. It’s my “meaning-of-life” birthday, and i got the best birthday present ever - a chainsaw! That so rocks.

Also, I’m going out to dinner tonight with the bloke at a nice Italian restaurant, and on Sunday we’re having a BBQ & spa-warming party.

Thanks, Flamsterette. October really is the coolest month of the year :wink:

Oh, and happy birthday to everyone else!

I’m Oct. 12. I’ve already bought my own birthday presents, so that’s taken care of . . . a new bike! Wheee!

Like cajela, this is my “meaning of life” birthday. But damn, I look pretty good for a fossil.

Mine, and my bestest friend twin brother Jonmarzie are going to be 20 on the 20th.

Finally, we rid ourselves of this dastardly teenage years.

Thanks, Flami!

Oct. 25, completing 26 years on your planet.

It ain’t such a bad place after all!

Ahem

Cough the 11th. cough Same day as England vs Turkey in the Euro2004 qualifier (soccer) match. I expect I may be rather merry that evening.

Y’know, seeing as I’m fairly new, I’ll understand if you don’t all club together to buy me a Maserati sports car. Really, I will. I’m honestly not expecting one.

But next year, once I’ve got to know you better, if you don’t there’ll be hell to pay, dammit.

The dirty driveway and grungy house are no more. Got me a new pressure washer for my birthday gift. And a carton of Whoppers that have already been opened at this early morning time. Only 13 more years till 60 when I plan to retire.

Flamsterette_X thanks so much for the birthday wishes! I popped by this morning just to look for the birthday thread. It really made me smile to see “skittles” in a thread that wasn’t talking about candy! :slight_smile:

Thanks for always thinking of the birthday groups!

And Happy Birthday to my fellow October babies!

October 21 here.

I see that there are many Dopers with October birthdays with whom I am proud to share this karass.