Time to relax

I was just curious what fellow Dopers do to wind down from a long day or stressful events. Based on what I have learned about people on here, I am expecting things like studying theoretical physics, anal lubricant testing, or consuming vast amounts of alcohol.
As for me, I choose reading, watching C-Span (especially during votes!), pulling out the 8-bit Nintendo for a little Dr. Mario competition with my wife, poker, and playing pickup basketball wherever I can.

Now that I think about it, those activities sure seem at home in the mundane and pointless category.

Here in frog land we always eat our porridge, because it keeps us frogs real peaceful-like.

Well, sorry, but the first post is gonna be boring.

I relieve stress by reading, watching Comedy Central, checking out The SD (duh), and playing PC games like Total Annihilation and Diablo.

Sometimes, me and my buddies will go out and play Laser Quest. Haven’t done that in awhile thoguh.

Same with dancing.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Masturbation. And plenty of it. :wink:

(Hey, someone had to go there!)

So to speak.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Long bubble baths with the lights out and with candles burning… sex, sex, sex…

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Reading, usually. Boring, I know.

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
Homepage[/url"] | [url=http://fathom.org/teemingmillions]Teeming Millions
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

wow, what happened with my sig? :open_mouth:

>^,^<
Homepage[/url"] | [url=http://fathom.org/teemingmillions]Teeming Millions

ubb code my ass…(trying again)

>^,^<
Homepage
Teeming Millions

Oh god … don’t hate me. What do I do to relax? I screw up my sig and then try to fix it while tearing out my hair!!!AAAIIIIIIIEEE!!!

>^,^<Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
Teem with the Millions: http://www.fathom.org/teemingmillions

I’ll hit the bong and play my guitar. If my playing sounded as good to me sober as it does when I’m stoned, I’d be a rock star by now.

“My guitar is my first wife. It doesn’t scream at me. It screams for me.” SRV

A nice glass of wine, candles burning everywhere, jazz playing softly in the background, and the gentle touch of a man running his hands all over my body.

Chalk one up for anal lubricant testing.

Tammy, I prefer Enigma (best sex music ever made, which would also be a pretty good topic).

But it sounds like a plan to me

I’m on the executive board of my school’s Speech and Debate team; this is from our last meeting’s minutes:

my other answer would be unicycling, but I think my tire’s got a leak or something.

And watching the Cartoon Network. I think I’m addicted to that channel.

reading the work of David Foster Wallace, David Sedaris, Philip K. Dick and Philip Jose Farmer is also a good way to unwind (and stay awake in classes). I really should diversify the first names of my favorite authors :slight_smile:

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

What Drain said.

Yer pal,
Satan

Playing video games. It feels good to beat up on something, even if it’s just a bunch of pixels.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

Jesus, Drain, you’re gonna give me an aneurysm from trying to keep in my laughing.

I work 2 jobs, but the second’s kind of a screw-off job, with a LAN where I regularly snipe and destroy my friends. With malicious glee.

I’ve been thinking about taking up recreational sex, but I need a partner. And before you point me back to your post, Drain, I’m going for the “synchronized” category, as I feel confident in my singles performance.

“I’m still here, asshole!”-Angus Bethune

Bicycling–a long ride can be as relaxing as meditation. Sort of a bifurcated consciousness, with one part concentrating on not being run over and killed and the other part achieving a profound stillness of thought.

Reading, reading, reading, preferably with a glass of port and a plate of rocquefort at hand.

Take a nice relaxing drive to the gym and lift weights, the heavier the better. Usually done early in the morning.

Post here.

I read or work on stained glass. I watch old MST3K tapes and laugh my ass off. I do the tub thing in the dark with one scented candle. I also like to turn off all the lights and sit in the center of the floor and listen to music. Or, I come out here.