TN DOPERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!

How 'bout you drop me an email and we can work something out? I’d prefer to meet midtown/downtown, but I don’t have a car since I’m just visiting, so the afternoon would be best for me.

Heh, I used to be a broke college student living in Midtown, too. Damn, those were some good times (except the broke and in Memphis part :wink: )

I’m still up for a Sunday in Nashville and I don’t care where we meet.

Also, sometime down the road I’d love to revisit Knoxville, my old stompin’ grounds.

Keep me informed.

Peace,
TN*hippie

You can count me as a definite possible maybe for the 24th. It is a five hour drive and we are quite short-staffed here at work. But Knoxville in August–wild horses couldn’t keep me away!

Okay, evilbeth assuming you can make it, what time would you want to try and be here? You’ve got the long haul it looks like, and having it on a Sunday means you’ve most likely got to be back at a decent hour so you can make it to work on Monday morning.

percypercy understand about being the broke college student as I was one once, but if you can make it, we’d love to have you!

Still waiting to hear from the rest of you if 101st Airborne is the place you wanna meet.

Well, the good thing about me is that I work nights so anytime is fine–I don’t have to be back at work until 10:30 Monday night. However, early evening/late afternoon might work best for me.

Let me see if I can get off work that weekend and I’ll let you know.

101st Airborne=good food +fun decor.

Knoxville=plague+goiters+sackcloth & ashes.

Plague baaaad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nashville/101st—gooood! :slight_smile:

Maryville here. Knoxville sounds like a winner.

[If] I am invited. I seemed to invite myself without thinking.

Are you close to Bristol, evilbeth? I was raised in Bluff City.

Mr.White you’re welcome to come to Nashvegas! The more folks we have, the more fun it’ll be!

Yes, I’m outside Johnson City.

We meetin’ or not? Everybody seems interested, however, no one’s really said for certain if they’re coming. Just curious.

Where? Where?

What city?

[sub]Naaassshhhvvviiillleeee…NNNaaassshhhhvillleee.
This subliminal message is causing you to want to got to Nashville…OOoooohhhh.[/sub]

Due to the nature of my work, I cannot absolutely guarantee anything until the very last minute. But, if it’s in Nashville on a Sunday afternoon, I’m about 83% certain I can make it.

Peace,
TN*hippie

Okay, Bosda and Hippie let’s say that the three of us agree to meet at 101st Airborne in Nashvegas at 4 PM (CDT) on Sunday, June 24th, and if the others can make it, they’re more than welcome to come. How’s that sound?

Sounds great, with a couple of humble requests:

1. Where is the place? (keep in mind I’m new to Nashville and don’t drive…but I can probably get there with some directions)
  2. Any chance we could move it closer to 2pm? (this is not essential, but would make it easier on me)

Peace,
TN*hippie

Hippie its at:
1362 Murfreesboro Pike # A
Nashville, TN  37217

You can get directions there from mapquest.com. I was thinking 4 to make it easier for folks like evilbeth to show up, but if she and none of the others are going to be able to make it, then I don’t have any objections to shifting the time. What say you, Bosda?

Thanks for the directions. And I’m cool with 4 if it makes things more convenient for y’all.

Peace,
TN*hippie

Time doesn’t matter to me as my weekend schedule is pretty flexible. Still waiting for the others to check in. (Hint, hint, hint.)

I’m still looking into getting that day off, I’m off the day before so it might be tricky. But if I can get it off and can sucker my friend into coming with me, I’ll be there.

I live JUST on the other side of Louisville, KY, and would love to get together with some fellow Dopers. Any way I can sweet-talk you all into an invite for me and possibly Supergirlfriend? If so, someone drop me a line at daredevilcomic@hotmail.com, and give me the info, okay? Thanks!