TN/NC Dopers -- I'm a'comin'!

Chuckey is actually just a hop, skip and a jump from where I live. We can do coffee or dinner, whichever you prefer. There’s plenty of hotels in JC you can stay in overnight if you choose or we can do an early dinner if you want to get on the road early.

Evilbeth – dinner would be great. I’m not 100% sure about my schedule yet, but we’ve got plenty of time to figure something out.

And to keep bumping the thread to see if we can lure in any other Tennesseans… :wink:

It’s a plan.

evilbeth – I’m starting to pin down the specifics of my trip. My thing in Chuckey is at 3:00 and should take a couple of hours. I’m thinking sixish to meet you for dinner – and then I’m thinking I could get a start on my drive. It looks like Boone is a couple of hours east of there, and that it’s the next town with numerous hotel possibilities – is that right?

I’ll email you also to ask this question in case you don’t see this… thanks.

Okay – evilbeth and I are going to go to El Matador (the exact locale of which she will provide) for Mexican around 6 PM on Wednesday the 28th – anyone else care to join us?

bump

This is coming up week after next. Sounds like it’s just me and evilbeth in the Johnson City area, and a good turnout in Cary: MagicEyes, romansperson, dogbutler, Harriet the Spry, possibly AerynSun, and of course moi.

Anyone else is interested?

Mrs. Jim & I are finishing a 3-month moving bonanza (from NH to NC) on the morning of the 28th. I know she’s in dire need of some relaxation. Getting out & meeting some dopers may be just the thing. OTOH, staying in & relaxing may be just the thing. So, put me down as a ‘maybe’ in Cary.

The Cary get-together is the 29th – so you’ll’ve had a whole day to get oriented – that should be enough, right? :wink:

Final bump.

evilbeth – I’ll email you with contact info, etc.

For the Raleigh folks – I’ll see you at the Hibernian Pub in Cary on Thursday around 8:00 PM. This is what I look like. Will we need a reservation? Who should I look for? Or should I just ask for the Cecil Adams party?

I’ll try to make it to Cary. It’s only about an hour and twenty minutes from me so if my sister agrees to ride along you’ll see me there.

Yay! that would be excellent.

Adams, party of many sounds good. Waitresses tend to :dubious: when you ask for the “large group of hyper-intelligent people”

Well, I’m sad that I can’t make the Cary gathering on Thurs…heading out of town that day. Twickster, if you’re travelling from TN to NC on Thurs; I work at a nursery speciallizing in native plants in the Triangle area of NC, and will be at work on Thurs. If you have time to visit, would love to see you, but, I realize it might not be on the straight path to Raleigh. E-mail me if interested

elelle – don’t throw me in that briar patch, Brer Fox! Email sent.

I’m free! I’ll see you all around 8:00. Yippee!

Things are looking good for me, too. twickster, it has been rainy with predictions for more rain all this week, with intermittent blazing heat and humidity, so be prepared for X-treme southern summer weather.

I’m gonna have to cancel, y’all – dunno how you’ll cope without the guest of honor, you’ll just have to bear up as best you can.

I missed a connecting flight this morning, so spent the day in Dulles (see other thread if you care), which means my Southern jaunt is two days, not three – an tomorrow is basically the day I’m skipping. I’ll be spending the night in Boone tomorrow and heading for Fayetteville Friday morning, returning to Raleigh only to flight out of ther eFriday dinnertime.

Oh well – next time, or you can come up and see me in Philly any old time…

Bummer. :frowning: I am still game i everyone else is.

I have some work I need to get caught up on tonight, so I can’t make it. :frowning:

Well, I was there at the bar from 8 to 9. No adams, party of many showed up. :frowning:
Maybe next time.