To Every Poster Who Ever Asserted That Chump Would Win in 2020

I honestly thought tRump would win, although I didn’t vote for him. I didn’t think Biden had enough supporters. Thank God he did and does.

Or, lots of people dislike Trump but also aren’t buying into the Democrat’s platform.

Trump under-performed Republicans in general by some 4-5%, I believe. So either many people voted split tickets, where they picked Biden for President and Republicans elsewhere, or they voted for Biden and no one else.

Traditionally, when this happens it’s analyzed as the voters wanting a change in leadership but also to maintain a Senate of the opposite party to act as a check on the new leadership.

Trump’s personal behaviour killed him, not his policies. If he had performed as well as Republicans in general did, he would have beaten Biden handily.

Taking these results as a mandate for change will likely result in even more Democratic losses in 2022.

FTR, I was concerned when I went to bed early in the morning of 4 November. Not so much the next day.

Or big, fat, orange rear.

That “Chump” didn’t lose by that much. It was far too close, an indication of our national character.

I doubt he applies TV makeup down there.

Not that I’m ever going to fact-check that, understand.

Only when he’s in bed with Putin. :smiley:

Sorry for that image, my head’s in a strange place today. I recently scheduled an interview for a better job.

I figure that the riots and occupations in the name of BLM might have lit a fire under the rears of people who blame the left for the violence. (The extent to which those asshats were/are really giving a crap about police brutality or just saw an excuse to get away with whatever they want is debatable.) The calls for defunding police and the instances of it happening also fed into that. That may have pushed some fence-sitters to try to keep Trump in office, since he made a show of trying to stop it.

Thank God it wasn’t enough though. I’m an independent but I don’t want to see what kind of hellhole the US would fall into with another 4 years. And I genuinely like Biden, and voted for him as much as I voted against Trump. I’m mildly optimistic about the near future of the country.

BigT gets it.

Yeah, bullshit. His behavior is what got him where is, and is why the Republican party is completely at his mercy and terrified to displease him. Sure, he lost some ‘moderate’ Republicans… whatever the fuck that means nowadays, but without his little cult of personality driving the vote into heretofore unhoped for turnout among white, rural and high school educated voters the GOP would be even further along its decades long slide into irrelevancy. There’s only so long y’all are going to be able to dodge the inevitable with this minority rule crap, at some point you’re going to actually try to convince a genuine majority of voters of your ideas. Good luck doing that and not losing the batshit insane-o base y’all have cultivated.

I’m glad Biden won but Trump got 47% of the vote, which was even better than what he got the first time. Considering the blatant corruption, the incessant gaslighting, and a disastrous and callous response to a pandemic, he should have been crushed in the election - and yet in four states he came within a whisker of winning.

47% of voters believed that a corrupt, lying, authoritarian was better than someone who has, by all accounts, been a respectable public servant throughout his adult life. I don’t know if this is a good time to be smug.

Exactly. Biden won, but the country is still largely composed of dumb-fucks, and a Republican party that knows precisely how to exploit that.

What Trump and his enablers are doing now by refusing to acknowledge the legitimacy of the election threatens to create fissures that will eventually lead to mass violence. There may be no undoing the kinds of damage that they’re doing now.

Well, if they prefer the crazy pseudo-religious/fascist/racist nutjob (who is without a platform) over the Democratic Party’s platform, I don’t see how they can be reasonably separated from the crazy religious/fascist/racist nutjobs.

Maybe they understand something about economics.

I dislike the new look of the Board overall, but this is one improvement I can get behind: Cannot see the quoted text of the deadbeats being quoted. I’ve had that worthless piece of fuck octopus on Ignore since the Obama days, and now I cannot ever be bothered by his ilk.

OK, but yet they still vote for Trump? That doesn’t follow any logic at all, because someone who understood anything at all about economics would want a semi-competent president, at least. Trump hasn’t been great for the economy. Obama was much better, and I’d expect Biden to continue his policies wherever he could. Cite: https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/2c298bda-8aee-4923-84a3-95a54f7f6e6f/did-trump-create-or-inherit-the-strong-economy.pdf

Nope, that’s not it.

That is the gross part. 4 years ago 39% of American women voted against a woman for a ‘pussy grabber’.

We’ve seen 4 years of his administration and STILL it was close.

God willing, if Trump disappears and never involves himself into politics we still have THAT population to contend with at every step, for every measure of legislation, and at every election. And those constituents pressure GOP congressmen, even good ones.

Dems must get better at ‘being American’ or whatever convinces even idiots to vote for their own interests.

Stupid homophobic rant.

Who’s? What are you refering to?