To Every Poster Who Ever Asserted That Chump Would Win in 2020

I cordially invite you to suck my big, fat dick.

You know who you are.

Matt Schlapp? (heard that he might be poking around hereabouts - not worth probing into - goofy prick)

I had to look that up since I didn’t know what a matt schlapp was. What a fuckwad.
When you say poking around here, did you mean here here on the Dope here? Or some other here?

Heh, in honor of President-Elect Joseph Robinette Biden Jr, I’m staying classy, not smart-assey.

I thought I saw talk about his presence in a P + E thread from earlier this year but the search is failing me.

Can we include banned folks?

Fence-sitter?

Heh - I was starting to cite posts from this thread but soon realised - jeez, how about I just post the thread, instead? (yes - I realise the context of more cynical times, then, possibly, but still, though…)

Let me start by saying I am glad that Biden/Harris won. Back in 2018 I was saying that I really thought Trump would win. I still think without Covid and BLM Trump would have won. A true crisis that made Trump’s complete incompetence affect all Americans, and a social movement that energized the opposition both were enough to push Biden/Harris over the top.

No blue wave, no take back of the senate (probably), no gains in the house, no statehouse sweep, none of those things. The worst incumbent in history, the highest voter turnout ever (probably), and the best the Democrats can do is only lose a few house seats.

The Democrats are just lucky Trump is such an idiot. A competent autocrat wannabe could have figured out how to handle the pandemic and enrich his cronies at the same time.

I’ve been thinking about this. Dems needed the record turnout to overcome the gerry-mandering and outright suppression from the Right. The question isn’t why Dems did so “badly”. The question is why the Repubs are allowed to get away with so much.

The accomplishment of Left in winning this election should be celebrated.

No BJ from me (I don’t go that way), Sorry. I knew he was gonna lose, but I’m shocked/terrified he did as well as he did.

It’s going to be a very interesting couple of months, I fear.

I just have this to say to Trump supporters who are still insisting there was voter fraud, the election stolen, etc: “Fuck your feelings, snowflakes. Your guy lost.”

Eh. I thought he might win. Not that I wanted that. Not sure this pitting makes any sense.

As a Canadian, I honestly believed the entire world would be watching on, in horror, as you fell for the same corrupt huckster a second time.

I was wrong, and am delighted by the outcome.

But let’s not pretend you didn’t come within a hairbreadth of exactly that. What a nail biter!

Yeah, I may have not helped in Gore’s loss by voting Green in 2000 (but I didn’t hurt a significant amount either, voting in TX), however I’ve never voted for a Republican for executive office, and was both somewhat surprised and certainly saddened by 2016. I had expected this election to be more decisive than it was, and hoped I could sleep easy at least on Wednesday night. I always knew a non-zero portion of my countrymen were of a bizarre combination of crazy religious/fascist/racist nutjobs, but it never really sunk in that they neared 35% of the population – I’m figuring 10-15% are just republican or die, or have some other reason like entertainment value to vote for him.

So, I’m not really in the target audience for this thread, even if I do understand the sexual attractiveness of nekkid men. But thinking Biden’s win is decisive enough to demand oral sexytimes from anyone who thought El Diablo Naranja would win a second time seems silly, since he came a lot more near doing it than I would have imagined or really feel comfortable with.

Yep. I thought he might squeak through. And it’s not the landslide for Biden some were predicting, either. I’m glad to be wrong, but don’t feel the need to suck a dick.

This is the goddamn stupidest thread ever.

Overconfidence is what hurt Dems in 2016 because it lowered voter turnout and caused people to dick around with 3rd party candidates. The people you’re pitting actually helped prevent this attitude from fucking things over this time around.

Clearly, you have not ever read any of mine!

Whatever! I hate Trump and I thought he’d win.

The glorious orange one is still your president.

There’s threadshitting…

…and then there’s lifeshitting.

(Aren’t there some children whose dreams you have to crush? Remind them that their parents will be lying in a hospital bed dying someday…)

Are people misreading the title? The title is for people who said Trump would win, not could win. In other words, it’s a “fuck you” to those who were so confident Trump would win. So his supporters, people claiming prophetic powers, those saying that voting Biden would make Trump win. Or that it was “God’s will.”

I’m not going to name names, but there were a lot of arrogant assholes on this topic, and I 100% understand the desire to put them.

Until late January, then he’s out on his ear.