Today in nature I saw

Returning to the subject of herons…

This wasn’t today, it was actually six days ago, in the Baie de Mont Saint Michel. In a typically French manner, for about twenty dollars you can be piled onto the Train Marin - which consists of two old farm trailers being pulled by an old tractor - and, at low tide, be trucked out into the bay. You know, where the sea is.

Unusual experience. There was a moment during the journey when I saw a composition lining up, and without time to think just pointed the phone and clicked. Here, after a certain amount of cropping (but no other editing) is the result.

Google Photos

I’ve already mentioned a few of the things we saw (and heard) on our trip. Here’s another I have not yet mentioned - maybe you need to be British to understand why I was so pleased about this. Within literally half an hour of arriving, we saw a red squirrel.

Google Photos

They are pretty much extinct in England now, outcompeted by the import grey. The number of times I have seen one is probably in single figures (and I think always in France), but we saw two while we were away. Trust me, it was great.

j