Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Divorcing

How about Dakota Fanning? They’ve worked together before, and it’s not like he’s her real father.

I imagine she realized that she had a baby with a crazyperson who was going to now be a part of both of their lives forever. I’m surprised they stayed together for so long after Suri was born.

So I’m gonna say it, even though no one will agree with me cuz it’s “everyone make fun of Tom Cruise” time but…

I feel kinda bad for the guy. I obviously don’t know how Hollywood works, and what is real and what isn’t and all that jazz, but if he was genuinely in love with her as much as Oprah’s couch seemed to be…then he’s probably pretty hurt at this because she’s leaving him. It’s not amicable, it’s not irreconcilable differences, he’s losing his wife. I mean the article even says he’s “deeply saddened”.

I’ll admit I’m a total sap for love and happiness and what not but I, for one, feel genuinely sad for Tom Cruise

Dick Cavett? Is that you?

I’m no film snob, but I can’t think of one movie he’s made that was particularly entertaining.

For my money, his wives are getting less attractive as he goes along.

Don’t get me wrong, both Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes are certainly good looking women, but in her prime, Mimi Rogers was a stone-cold stunner, light years hotter than either of his subsequent wives…

If there’s one thing that’s consistent in Tom Cruise’s life is that NONE of his exes has ever said anything disparagingly of him (At least not that I’m aware of).

Rebecca De Mornay - 1983–85
Mimi Rogers - 1987-90
Nicole Kidman 1990-01
Penélope Cruz 2001-04,
Katie Holmes 2005-12

And there’s one thing she learned in all those thirty-three years: sometimes you just gotta say “what the fuck”— make your move.

That just makes him old, it doesn’t make her young.

I said “younger” (as in relative to him, not young in an absolute sense) deliberately.

Hmm, how about someone coming off a previous marriage to a nut-job, so well-versed in handling it? Someone with a flashy public persona. Bonus points, he doesn’t have to learn a new name.

Katy Perry.

Did he make the same joke? A coworker made a similar joke and I ran with it. Pretty low-hanging fruit.

My vote is for Anne Heche although she is not young she does seem to be a chameleon and able to adapt her prefernces as best fits her carreer.Maybe she can extend that to her virginity?

The people posting here could clearly give a flip about Cruise’s acting, it’s all about his sex life for them.

Thanks, but I was making a Scientology joke. Reportedly Holmes had a silent childbirth delivery, for religious reasons.

Tom Cruise and other people in his situation have very helpful people that ensure that non-disclosure agreements are signed and money exchanged before anything happens. Even for one night stands.

I used to assume they would never say anything, ever.

The recent people coming forth about Travolta, suggest that the wall of silence is far more permeable than I had thought.

Wasn’t it Mimi Rogers who started the gay rumors by saying the reason she divorced him was because she wanted to have sexton and Tom didn’t seem interested?

If she gets sole custody of Suri, it will certainly reignite speculation that Chris Klein is the bio-father, not Cruise.

From one cult to another? I for one hope she just learns to think for herself.

Right before his birthday though, ouch. That’s gotta sting.

I don’t think Cruise is a bad actor; he’s done some very good work in films like Born on the Fourth of July. But he’s allowed his personal life to overshadow his career with all the silly couch-jumping, contrived PDA’s with Katie Holmes, public criticism of psychiatry, and all around nut-jobbery. If no one talks about Cruise as an actor anymore then he has no one to blame but himself.