Tom Selleck's hands

I finally got some time to catch up with the Blue Bloods episodes I haven’t had the time to watch until now. Over the last coule of seasons, something was bugging me about Tom Selleck and I couldn’t put my finger on it until now. Almost every second he’s on screen now and talking, he’s waving his hands around. When did that start? He’s certainly a good enough actor to know that’s very distracting.

So, I’m asking: have any of you noticed this with Tom Selleck? What’s the possible reason why he’s doing that now?

He’s seeing sandwiches and is trying to grab one.

Now I’M seeing sandwiches.

I get a malware warning from that link.

I just ran it through several online malware scanners and they’re all coming up clean.
Any details in the alert you got?

Are you sure the hand waving is him and not an attribute of the character whom he is playing?

You don’t know what you’re missing.

The page worked for me and I don’t know what you’re missing, either.

Here’s what I got

The connection to selleckwaterfallsandwich.com is not secure

You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS. Learn more

I do believe this is it.

You watch hands and he’s doing something else with his mouth. Covered quite effectively with that brush under his nose.

I think it’s “modified method*” acting.

* I made that up

In other words, you see these things so I ain’t really gotta work here.

That particular warning just means it’s an old fashioned HTTP webserver, not a new-fangled HTTPS webserver.

And that’s important because using an old fashioned webserver allows your ISP to replace advertising (from Google Adv service) with advertising placed by your ISP. (Yes, that was a real thing).

In general, having an old-fashioned web server, like we did 10 years ago, allows your ISP or VPN provider, or the ISP or VPN provider of the web server, to read any content on a web page as it goes past, or mix any content, which, in theory, means they could read or re-write your banking login, which, in theory, means you should insist on HTTPS for banking or any login, which, in theory, is why you got the warning…

Or perhaps you got the warning because you are using a web browser built by the biggest and most important web advertising company in the world, and they have a interest in convincing people to protect their advertising revenue.

No, and it said “may contain malware” but it doesn’t say any more about what kind of malware. It also allows one to continue on, but “strongly” recommends against it, and to continue I would have to add the site to a list of exclusion sites.

I’m sure it’s not. If it were, it woudl (IMHO) be mentioned by other characters.

Speaking of…that mustache has got to go.

Noooooo! I like the s’tache

Can anyone find a YT video demonstrating this? Any video proof beyond watching the show?

My wild ass guess, without seeing it, is he is emulating Trump who continually looks like he is playing an invisible accordion. And I’m saying that because I saw Selleck promoting reverse mortgages on some awful channel while I was visiting a relative. I don’t know if that was Fox News, Newsmax, or the Hallmark channel, but those are three you would normally see at this house. I think viewers of all those skew to the right. Not sure what his real political leanings are, but preying on the elderly seems fitting for the right.