Tomorrow I make my Jeopardy! appearance

Another Doper on Jeopardy!, congratulations Labdad. I hope you had great luck on the program. IIRC you are on the last week of this season’s taping schedule also. Way to avoid having to requalify, and join next year’s pool.

You didn’t know Canada?!

I hope you got your ass kicked!
:smiley:

What was the question?

Pretty cool. Sending lucky thoughts your way!

“Of the world’s 10 largest islands, 3 belong to or are partially owned by Indonesia & 3 are owned by this country”.

Good luck on the show – I’m rooting for you!

I’m a bit concerned about this don’t-talk-about-the-show-on-message-boards advice. I passed the online qualifying test, and spoke about my experience at the audition on here. I don’t remember signing any non-disclosure agreement at the audition (anyone?), but maybe I just didn’t read the fine print closely enough.

It all surprises me a bit too, because from the glances I’ve cast towards the forums on the Jeopardy website, they all talk about auditions and strategies!

Hope you gave 'em hell, Labdad! I’ll be watching Tuesday.

BTW, where did you find the taping schedule, 5 time champ? I have an interest in the matter…

Just a bump to let folks know that today is my Jeopardy day.

I have it scheduled on my DVR! (I know it’s too late to mean anything, but good luck!)

Way cool.
Tho I’m not a regular viewer, I’ll try to tune in today to join in on the subsequent conversation.
(Hope I am able to do a whole bunch more congratulatin’ than mockin’!)
You DID wear the SD t-shirt, no?

I’ll be watching!

I watch Jeopardy! regularly anyway, but now I’m really excited to watch since we’ve got a SDMB member to root for. I told my friend who watches everday to cheer you on too.

Again, I know it’s too late but I’ll have my fingers crossed anyway.

(BTW, this is my first post after 4+ years of lurking. Don’t you feel special Labdad?

You let them air your episode against the All-Star Game’s pre-show?

Sorry, my eyes are glued to the All-Star Game…I wanna see Mark Redman win the Royals home-field advantage in this year’s World Series. Go AL!

(and, go Labdad, of course!)

Oh no! Hope you didn’t face off against that Canadian…seems like lately whenever a person from the Great White North appears as a challenger, they win the game.

See, the thing you have to understand is that when it comes to Jeopardy, they pretty much get to do whatever they want to do. And if you don’t like it, there’s a few thousand people standing in line behind you who are more than willing to accept Jeopardy’s dictates.

In any event, here in Atlanta, it comes on at 4:30 in the afternoon, so I’m not running up against the All-Star game! :smiley:

Right on!
I hope you threw in a SDMB reference or two.
Maybe intentionally blow a $100 question with “What is a 1920’s style death ray?”.

That would’ve been awesome.
Anyway, Lady Fried and I will be rooting for you! (Well, I will. She will probably be reading a magazine and wondering why I am cheering for some dude from Georgia.)

No, no, no. That was the answer. The question was “What is Canada.”

Jeesh.

Labdad, you done good!

Did he win?

It’s time for final Jeopardy…

Good Luck, Labdad!

someone has the lovely manners of a southern gentleman. and knows his american history.