Too soon to start talk of Gettysdope III?

We may or may not be going to Fabulous Las Vegas in August for a long weekend of debauchery and gambling or something. Nothing is definite yet, though.

(Basically, two friends are getting married then and I’m trying to get my parents to schedule the trip so I can go. It’s not every day close friends get married by a licensed Klingon.)

Robin

Yes, and if you and I can both attend, I’ll get to meet you!!

…what? :smiley:
I met her once and forgot. I met her again and she reminded me. Nothing to see here, really.

Would not the first week in July be marked by an infestation of Civil War people? It might be worth avoiding that time.

Personally, I’ll be fighting in the proud checkered orange of the East, fighting to keep Gettysburg next to the union.

Yeah, we’ve definitely ruled that out – are you suggesting they won’t have picked themselves up and gotten out of town by the following weekend?

And does this mean you’re going to schedule your stateside leave in such a way that you can join us? eye-batting smiley

I’d mildly prefer July 8 or mid August.

Aside to MsRobyn: You’ve got friends getting married in the Star Trek Experience? Go join them!

Betazed weddings are better.

Gettysburg is infested year round. During the school year it’s college kids, reenactors occasionally, and tooristas all of the time. Those of us who live around these parts have gotten used to 2.5 out of 3 cars not having a clue where they’re going, and the .5 remainder is suspect.

I’d love to, but I can’t afford it on my own. My parents and in-laws were talking about doing Vegas, so I’m campaigning for that week.

They’re having a reception here in September, though, so I’ll still get to celebrate with them.

Robin

Well, as far as I know . . . I don’t know.

But, I have to take three vacations this year. So, any weekend in July or August is fine, but put me down for the twenty second of july, for popularity purposes.

The sooner it is fixed in stone, the more likely it is that I can get the particular day booked in advance.

Oh, yeah, and I’ll bring Kimche! Enough for fifty! Fifty white folks, that is. And a camera.

Tris

Time to think about summer already?

July 8th and 29th are definitely out for me; July 15th may be. August is wide open right now. The gentleman I’ve been seeing is planning on joining me; I’ll see if I can get that military fiction writer friend of mine and his lady to join us as well.

I’m looking forward to seeing you.

CJ

{July 1 – bad idea in oh, so many ways}
July 8 (one vote FOR; a definite no from Siege)
July 15
July 22 (Rubystreak)
July 29 (twickster; jayjay and svf; Siege)

August 5 (twickster)
August 12
August 19
August 26

Okay – anyone can’t do July 15th? August 12th?

It has been my experience that cameras don’t eat a lot of kimche.

Just sayin’.

It has been my expeience at Gettysdope that the camera ate about the same amount of Kimche as everyone else.

Just sayin’.

:smiley:

Good point. :wink:

I’m in, and will stay longer this time! July 15 is good for me, as well as the 29th.

July 15th is good for me, not the gentleman. I figure it’ll give me something interesting to do while he’s off taking photos of things.

CJ

Well, the middle child has been pestering me about another DopeFest. I’ve got a couple of surgeries coming up, but I’m not sure when. If y’all work out a definitive date, I’ll put it on my calendar, and we’ll make it if we possibly can.
Can someone arrange for mud? :smiley:

I’m not hearing any “no” votes on July 15th.

Speak now or forever hold your peace…

(And could a LJ type pls. link to this thread so those folks know we’re discussing this? Thanks.)

Posted to both LJ and the other list.

Robin

If I’m counting right, July 15 does fall on my weekend off. Yay! I hope I’m counting right…