3. Speedy J. - A Shocking Hobby
  4. Amon Tobin - Foley Room
  5. Eat Static - Science of the Gods
  6. Hallucinogen - Twisted
  7. Skinny Puppy - VIVIsect VI
  8. Mindless Faith - Momentum
  9. KMFDM - Symbols
  10. Future Sound of London - ISDN

Kraftwerk “Autobahn” ? Old school from my generation.

You should burn a book in honor of your 451st post, but what are the other 9?

I think Radioactivity was awesome! But I couldn’t fill out another nine to save my life. :o

In no particular order:
The Chemical Brothers - Come With Us
Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman
Moby - Play
Shpongle - Are You Shpongled?
The Orb - The Orb’s Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld
Daft Punk - Homework
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works, Vol. 2
BT - This Binary Universe
Kraftwerk - Radioactivity
New Order - Substance

I guess. This leaves a lot of stuff out (Prodigy, Junkie XL, Tiësto, Sasha, 808 State, Fatboy Slim, Jam & Spoon, Paul van Dyk etc.)

Does Suicide count? They are more industrial, I guess, but Suicide’s debut is a classic.

Hmm I don’t know Suicide, but I would count Industrial. Do they use lots of synths or samplers?

Yookeroo I meant to put Shpongle - Nothing Lasts…but Nothing is Lost

An honorable mention goes to Younger Brother’s - Last Days of Gravity

Suicide. Basically, they were synth pioneers, working along side the punks of the day. Their debut (1977) is strange, nihilistic, and unquestionably brutal, but it is still an amazing album. Probably not as influential as Kraftwerk, but a close second. Youtube.

ETA: Since we don’t get many electronic threads on the Dope, have you heard the new Crystal Castles? Not best electronic album of all time, but best of 2008 for me atleast.

All I have is Larry Fast - Synergy. Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra.
Released in 1975. It was fascinating at the time.
Here is a link to information about how it was recorded, and equipment used.

http://synergy-emusic.com/erro.html

Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center
Fripp and Eno - No Pussyfooting
Peter Frohmader - Macrocosm
Pierre Henry - Mix 01.0-04.0
The Orb - Live 93 (chosen over other Orb albums by virtue of having the best cover ever)
Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air
Klaus Schulze - Timewind
Morton Subotnick - Silver Apples of the Moon
Tangerine Dream - Zeit
Frank Zappa - Civilization Phaze III

Would David Bowie’s Earthling qualify & be worthy of consideration?

No love for Stockhausen?

Gesang der Jünglinge would certainly qualify, but it isn’t an album. I can’t think of a lot of whole albums of Stockhausen’s music that I would characterize as electronic (as opposed to instrumental music that incorporates electronics to greater or lesser degrees).

It was much derided at the time as “Bowie does drum ‘n’ bass” but there are some great auld tunes on it.

Orbital - Snivilisation (spel?)
Cut/Copy - Bright Like Neon Love
The Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation
Aphex Twin - Drukqs

I’m sure there’s more, but I’m usually into individual Electronic tunes as opposed to albums.

Depeche Mode “Black Celebration”.

[ol]
[li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][li]Nobukazu Takemura: Child’s View[/li][/ol]

I’ve been obsessed with Lemon Jelly (MySpace page) lately. Great mellow electronica. I have all three of their albums in heavy rotation right now.

There seems to be two schools - old and new. I belong in the former, so:

Moondawn - Klaus Schulze
Join Inn - Ashra Tempel
In Search Of Ancient Gods - Absolute Elsewhere
Tanze der Lemminge - Amon Duul II
Epsilon In Malaysian Pale - Edgar Froese
Katzenmusik - Michael Rother
Anywhere - New Musik
Third - Soft Machine
Alpha Centauri - Tangerine Dream
L’ Apocalypse des Animaux - Vangelis

Actually, I could fill the whole list with Klaus Schulze (he’s the master), but I 'thought I’d give the others a chance. I also think this list shows electronica in many diverse forms.

I think most of the choices so far in this thread prove that electronic music has yet to hit the mainstream!

Some of mine (one more than 10, I’m afraid), with favourite songs too.
Lots of 80s stuff, also a lot of Mute Records artists there.
[ul]
[li]Wire - The Ideal Copy - Ahead[/li][li]Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park - Morpheus Laughing[/li][li]Laibach - Opus Dei - Geburt einer Nation[/li][li]Pet Shop Boys - Actually - Rent[/li][li]Erasure - The Circus - The Circus[/li][li]Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses - Never Let Me Down Again[/li][li]Nitzer Ebb - That Total Age - The Chant[/li][li]Yazoo - Upstairs at Eric’s - Only You[/li][li]Kraftwerk - Trans-European Express -The Hall of Mirrors[/li][li]New Order - Power, Corruption and Lies - Blue Monday[/li][li]Einstuzende Neubauten - ½ Mensch - Z.N.S.[/li][/ul]

A granddaddy album: I Robot by the** Alan Parsons Project**.