Top 5 Movie Props

Is it great props or props from great movies? If it’s great props then we need to add the shark from Jaws.

On second thought, it would be considered a prop for the scene in Jedi where he takes it off.

Jaws is one of those movies whose name was soiled by its inferior sequels. If you’re implying here that it’s not a good movie, I suggest you go back and take another look. The music alone stands with Psycho as being some of the most spine-chilling and suspense-building theme music you’ll ever hear.

The dozen or so heads from “8 Heads in a Duffel Bag” are certainly unusual.

Though all your others were good, these two are excellent choices.

The 18" Stonehenge in This Is Spinal Tap.

If not in the “top five,” I’d still nominate any number for things from Dr. Frankenstein’s lab. (Jacob’s Ladder, a big “knife switch,” etc.)

*The plain wooden crate and the dolly/handtruck used to cart around the above in the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. :smiley:

Was it perhaps this thread from a week and a half ago?

Oh, man, there’s gotta be millions of things. I’ll leave out the Bond flix, since most of the most famous props from the whole history of the series were shown in Tomorrow Never Dies. Lemme see if I can think of all the rest…

The Last of the V-8 Interceptors from The Road Warrior

H. G. Wells’ Time Machine from, well, The Time Machine (1964)

The rifle/grenade launcher wielded by Sigourney Weaver in Aliens

The Hansen Bros.’ black-rimmed glasses from Slap Shot

The backpack Positron Colliders worn by the Ghost Busters (remember, don’t cross the streams; that would be bad)

Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet

Dang, that’s all I can think of at the moment.

Aston Martin and DeLorean. I’m just sayin’.

Dang. Sorry, missed that other thread completely.

How about what I believe is Hitchcock’s first “McGuffin” - the wine bottles supposedly full of uranium in Notorious. The briefcase in Pulp Fiction is another famous McGuffin.

I may not be quite correct about whether it was Hitchcock’s first - go looking for a George Kaplan, aka Roger Thornhill, I have a feeling he might be able to tell you more.

I’d say a Phaser, or maybe a Tricorder.

I was thinking a Phaser, Tricorder or one of the old pop-open communicators, but would they be remembered from the series or the films? :confused:

And how many of these props were destroyed? I was thinking that when someone mentioned the V8 Interceptor. IIRC it was a different car used in the first and second Mad Max films.

“It’s the Clark bar! From Looking for Mr. Clark Bar!”
“This is the actual sword from The Sound of Music!”

(obscure NewsRadio reference)

The electrical equipment from the lab in Frankenstein.

The golden idol recovered at the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

"Perhaps you could tell them - if only you spoke Hovitos. "

It was reused as a prop in, if memory serves, the movie-within-a-movie featured in the Majestic.

Oh, the McGuffin goes farther back than that. Heck, The 39 Steps has its title as a McGuffin. :slight_smile:

Oh, and quite a number of these Star Wars props are likely to appear here later this year, if you’re in the Boston area. Or, even here, come to think of it, if you’re near Indianapolis.

John Cusack’s pen in Grosse Pointe Blank.

Stallone’s various boxing trunks from the Rocky movies.
Sam’s Piano from Casablanca.
Jason’s hockey mask.
Terminator’s GE 7.62 mm Minigun
The Enterprise from Star Trek: The Motion Picture…

The most beautiful starship ever made. :smiley:

A true classic thus far overlooked: the Leg Lamp from A Christmas Story.

YES.