Top Gun 2 to feature submersible jet. - based on the "Beluga concept."

It seems Tom Cruise will fly a Hollywood version of the new submersible fighter in the upcoming Top Gun 2 squeal. The aircraft is modeled after an unmanned fighter currently on the drawing boards said to feature scramjets with Hydro Thrust technology and new wings with automatic chord adjustment based on altitude.

Very little has been written about this new aircraft other than it lacks a conventional vertical tail structure and it’s overall shape is something like a Beluga whale which, apparently, gives it excellent underwater capabilities and it’s name.

Should be interesting.

I never really understood how a film written around special effects and homoerotic argument scenes could be so successful, but I’ll watch the new one.

I’m not sure which is less believable: a fighter-plane-submarine, or a 53-year old fighter pilot.

Post date?

March 31st NY Daily News article

Or someone who’s been busted, you lost [his] qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice [by me], with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral’s daughter & still gets to go to Top Gun.

Only way Imma see this is if they bring back the entire original cast as they look now. No diets, none of that shit. And I want Val Kilmer and Tom Cruise to be out of the closet and married.

Obligatory Top Gun according to Tarantino link…

This is the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time.