Tosh .0 isn't funny

I dunno, I put him in the same camp as Don Rickles. Certainly not at Rickles’ level, but I just don’t take the nasty stuff he says seriously. It makes me laugh instead of get angry. One of my favorite lines is in True Stories when, after the audience groans after he slams Vin Diesel, he says, “Let’s be honest, if you’re a Vin Diesel fan you shouldn’t be watching me, you should be home coloring.” You could call me a Vin Diesel fan, since I think he’s one of the better action movie stars today, and I died laughing the first time I heard that.

Now, I do wonder about people who laugh because they think it’s true. Like people who might laugh at Rickles because, hur hur, he called that Japanese person a slant-eye, and he is a slant-eye!

Well, that was a bit of a backhand to those who have posted that he is funny.

Why do peope think that calling immature people immature is an insult? Immature people LOVE being immature. It’s fun.

I think Tosh is hysterical, but mostly because the videos are funny as hell in and of themselves. When someone has posted a video of a fat woman trying several times to get on a horse… making jokes about that is like hitting slowly-pitched softballs. The guy is not a comedic genius, but he doesn’t have to be. I find myself laughing. Guess I am immature. Oh well!

We think he’s funny at out our house. We watch that show all the time. My wife and daughter like him too. I find him very sharp.

I am definitely a good bit over 20, and think Tosh’s standup and his show are pants-pissing hilarious. No claims whatsoever to maturity, though.

Another vote for not funny. Seeing him come on after Colbert Report is such a let-down. But I have shows I watch considered beneath most people, so to each their own.

I had seen him do stand up, so I was excited about Tosh.0. But I don’t like it. Hooray, snarky Youtube clips. Not real keen on it. My husband kind of likes it. If Mr. Serenata is watching it, I’ll tolerate it, but in general, I won’t turn it on. Sigh.

I didn’t mean that I thought he had a younger demographic because he was immature (I love immature humor myself), but because he seems so smug. In my experience, the whole “I’m so much cooler and smarter than these morons” stance appeals mainly to younger audiences.

The show is frequently not funny at all. But sometimes he nails something and it is hilarious. I don’t go out of my way to watch it but if I happen on it I usually watch.

Definitely better than most of the other options in the 10pm hour on Comedy Central. I’d rather watch tosh.0 over two hours of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

My only leisure Web use is the Dope, and recipe sites, so the videos are almost always new to me. I think Tosh has a great brand of humor, and you old fuddy-duddies can shuffle off my lawn now. He often says stuff that nobody else could possibly get away with saying, and makes it funny as hell.

Eh, the smugness is just part of the act - it’s hard to take him seriously with a bit called “na na na na boo boo, stick your head in doo doo, I’m better than you,” or watching him challenge all comers to arm wrestling while weighing in at…what, maybe a buck 45? An older comedian once told Bernie Mac that his act was “too nice,” that he was trying to be likable instead of trying to be funny, before he developed his “meaner” onstage persona. Tosh’s schtick is kind of the same way, just staying in character as a semi-jerk and seeing how far he can carry the inappropriate joke.

You know what’d be funny? If he and Chelsea Handler took a long car trip in a closed garage.

I’m 24 and fucking everyone tells me to watch that show. “Oh, Diosa, you’ll love it!” So, I watch it.

That might be the stupidest fucking shit in the world. If I want to see viral clips, I can see them without some unfunny smug douchebag making poorly structured “jokes” before, during, and after.

The “smugness” is a whoosh.

I liked some of his standup, but yeah, his CC show is pretty stupid.

I still maintain that, if it is on CC, it isn’t likely to be funny - with the exception of Jon Stewart that is.

I absolutely died during his, “Is this racist” piece. I’ve never seen anything like that on tv before.

I’m a 20-year old male and I think Tosh.0 is hilarious.

You’re right. Tosh.0 is too high brow for me. I don’t get it.

So was Craig Kilborn’s. Still makes them both seem like dicks.

Give it another shot. I didn’t mean to insult you, but the smugness is a put on. If you took it literally, you got whooshed. If you watch the show a lot, you’ll see that the guy is brutally self-effacing.