"Total Human Resource Mgmt Program"?

So I’m looking for a new job and I’ve been running across human resource ads requiring experience in a ‘total human resource management program’.
I’m currently the Executive Director of a not-for-profit, so I’ve been thinking I’d be a good candidate for something in human resources, but I have no idea what this ‘total HR management program’ means.

Some help, please.

Pablito

I’ve been Googling, checking online business & human resources dictionaries, & Ask Jeeves.

Nada.
No joy. :frowning:
All I can do is bump the thread, & hope the next guy has the answer.

I’m going to assume that it’s either 1) the title of a book (that I couldn’t find in a search) or 2) made up buzzword.

Just for fun, you may want to call from someone else’s phone and pretend that you’re working for a trade magazine and want to ask them about their program. Tell them that your readers have been asking for it and given you the company by name. If it is a buzzword, this will definitely let you know what it is. You may also want to have someone else call and pretend…

You’re looking too deep, here. It’s HR. They’re looking for somebody with experience in HR. But they can’t just say that.

I think all they mean is they want someone with experience in the entire HR realm - an HR generalist; an HR director. Not someone who knows only benefit plans or only recruiting or only pension plan administration.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I’ve been thinking, too, that it’s basically a buzz-word for someone who covers the gamut of HR–hiring, benefits, training, recruiting, etc., but with the phrase popping up in a few different places, I was wondering if there was more to it. Sounds like I’ll be ok so long as they’re not limited only to people with HR degrees (if there is such a thing).
I suppose I’ll just continue to emphasize the range of my HR experience in my current job.