Trevor Noah is killing it

Right, why are we treating this “conventional wisdom” as fact?

No one stated it as fact.

I think he’s doing a great job, but I don’t like the new extended format. My internal timer starts losing patience at about 22 minutes, regardless of what the comedy central app tells me is left.

Doing a quick Google search yielded a lot of links about this very thing:

https://www.google.com/search?q=women+can't+be+funny&oq=women+can't+be+funny&aqs=chrome..69i57.13815j0j7&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I think, without hesitation, Trevor Noah will earn your trust and respect…or not.” Well said. Noah seems to be very comfortable in his role and has such a big orange bullseye to lampoon too.

No one explicitly stated “this is fact,” but when you cite something and then evaluate Desi Lydic using it as a basis, you are treating it as fact. If all you mean to do is say that Person X is funny, then why are you using the first half of that sentence to lay out a sexist stereotype? The juxtaposition is intentional and inescapable.

I watched Jon Stewart pretty religiously. Trevor I watch once every week or two. Apples and Oranges.

One of Trevor’s strengths is also his weakness, that of being a foreigner. The “help me understand this as a non-American” schtick works very occaisionally. IMHO it was way overemployed and doesn’t do it for me.

He is incredibly talented, multi lingual, sharp wit, etc. All that said, simply hasn’t become my go-to. Personal preference I think. I probably tune into Colbert once a week for 5-10 minutes as a benchmark. I watched Jon Stewart pretty much every show for the entire show and the extended segments.

To be fair, Jon Stewart could have cut way back on the segments pointing out the hypocrisy of Fox News. It seemed like every other episode featured dueling clips of one of the Fox News talking heads contradicting themselves.

Nope. This is complete nonsense. You are making an absurd and unwarranted extrapolation.

That was how I read it as well, so they’re not the only one. Does that still makes it “absurd and unwarranted”?

I’m not sure where this “conventional wisdom” comes from, or if it’s widely believed by anyone, but it’s really not relevant here.

Jon Stewart is still the model of a political talk show host. But I like Trevor and think he has grown into the role. His unique perspective adds a lot. He has also done a better job than most of pandemic shows - Colbert should try more camera angles and an edgier format… I like Colbert but find him hard to watch at the moment. Noah is very witty and draws on much experience. Some of his interviews can be dull, though, few do this better than Stewart.

I love Trevor Noah.