Trivia Dominoes: Play Off the Last Bit of Trivia

Callista was a nymph who was transformed into a bear by Hera when she became pregnant by Zeus.

A plush toy bear, or “teddy bear” is so named because of former US President Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt.

Teddy Roosevelt is to be played by Leonardo DiCaprio in a film slated for a 2011 release.

Leonardo DiCaprio was named that because his mother first felt him kick while looking at a Leonardo da Vinci painting in a California museum.

Leonardo Da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa” was stolen from the Louvre in 1911 by an Italian nationalist.

The Springfield 1911 is a semi-automatic pistol designed by John M. Browning and was the standard-issue sidearm for the US military for most of the 20th Century.

pending new trivia

The fourth-season X-Files episode ‘The Field Where I Died’ quotes the poem ‘Paracelsus’ by famed Scottish poet Robert Browning.

<<never mind, DaphneBlack beat me>>

Robert Browning’s wife, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, wrote the well-known poem,“How Do I Love Thee?”

Syd Barrett was the founder of Pink Floyd.

The character “Pink” was played by Bob Geldof in the movie Pink Floyd The Wall.

The singer Pink was born Alecia Moore in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.

Pat Boone’s trademark shoes were white bucks.

Pat Boone was dismissed from a gospel program when he appeared at the American Music Awards dressed in black leather to promote his heavy metal cover album.

Pat Boone’s daughter Debby is the daughter-in-law of Rosemary Clooney, and so the cousin of George Clooney.

ETA: stole my Pearl S. Buck item. grumble

Tori Murden McClure, the first woman to row solo across the Atlantic Ocean, recently published her memoir A Pearl in the Storm: How I Found My Heart in the Middle of the Ocean.

John Steinbeck’s The Pearl was first published in 1947.

Crap!

“Crap!” is a common euphemism for solid bodily waste.