Trivia Dominoes: Play Off the Last Bit of Trivia

It’s a game of my own devising and I expect the thread to sink beneath the horizon, but just in case, here’s how it works: I’ll post a piece of trivia, somebody will “play” off my trivia, then the next person tags onto that, etc., and let’s see how we can keep it going.

Simple rules:

1- You should make sure it’s true before using it to avoid “Cite?”

2- It should have something that can be played off both sides

3- You can decide what’s trivia or factoid or whatever- it basically just means it should be blip sized information.

Here’s how to play- imagine this is posted by several posters:

Hopefully you get the idea- you can play off any part of the preceding piece of trivia. You can make a statement that is not necessarily true so long as you qualify it (i.e. I didn’t say Bhatti is Jackson’s son, just that he’s rumored to be, which is true) or you can go for a “not exactly but really close” connection (Thriller setting records and Caruso’s recording earnings are not exact matches but both have to do with distinctions in recording success, if that makes sense).

So, ready to play? I doubt it, but I’ve started threads that strangled on the cord before. I’ll be back with a piece of trivia: play off any part of it so long as you keep the thread going.

TRIVIA:
Presidents Andrew Jackson, Rutherford B. Hayes, and Bill Clinton were all born after the death of their biological fathers.

reminder: you can play off Jackson, Hayes, Clinton, biological fathers, etc.

Rutherford B. Hayes is the only US president to have an entire province named after him in a country outside the US – the Presidente Hayes Province in Paraguay.

nm

Paraguay is one of only two landlocked countries in South America, the other is Bolivia.

The Bolivian national football (soccer) team has never advanced beyond the first round of the World Cup.

In Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, our heroes want to escape to Bolivia, but it doesn’t really work out.

No European team has ever won a world cup contested outside of Europe.

The first video honored at the MTV Europe awards was “Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe” by Whale.

The first video played on MTV was the Buggles’ “Video Killed the Radio Star”.

Buggles Geoff Downes and Trevor Horne joined Yes in 1981.

One of the members of Yes was Steve Howe. A different Steve Howe pitched for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Elias Howe invented the first practical sewing machine.

The Beatles’ movie “Help!” is dedicated to Elias Howe.

Like “Help!,” the TV show “Jeopardy!” has an exclamation point as part of the title.

Like “Help!” and “Jeopardy!”, the TV series “Combat!” has an exclamation point as part of the title. :smiley:

The punctuation mark combining an exclamation point with a question mark is called an interrobang.

Combat! star Vic Morrow was tragically killed on set of the movie The Twilight Zone when a helicopter crashed on top of him.

Harrison Ford is a licensed helicopter pilot.

Harrison Ford’s SO is Callista Flockhart.