Trivia Facts

I collect useless info and put them on my websites called “TRIVIAL NEATSTUFF”.
Check them out: CLICK HERE!

Error number 1.

In fact, he was an Italian guy named Espera DiCorti.

The source? The World’s Smartest Human

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Error number 1.5. The source is not The World’s Smartest Human, but one of his loyal staffers, Euty.

But it’s still right.

MANHATTAN beat me out on the error catch.

Further trivia for you to post:

If you transpose the letters in HAL9000 forward, you get IBM; coincidence? I don’t think so.

Worry not, Diamond. Everyone can play!

Error number 2:

According to Discovery Online , the skateboard was invented in California, in 1958 by Bill and Mark Richards.

Hint to planetjunk. Trivia is even more useless if it’s false.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Ooooh! Can I play too?

Just on a cursory glance:

BZZZZT!! Try www.snopes.com for that one.

Yup, Manhattan. The only thing worse than useless stupid trivia is incorrect useless stupid trivia.

-andros-

Me Next! Me Next!

There were actually 6 Marx Brothers, the first born, Manfred, died as an infant.

JB
Lex Non Favet Delicatorum Votis

Not quite right. The real name is “Arrangement in Grey and Black, No. 1: The Artist’s Mother.” See Britannica.com.

Okay, I’m nitpicky.
– Sylence

I don’t have an evil side. Just a really, really apathetic one.

But this one is wrong.

From Britannica.com:

– Sylence

Here we go again.

Cecil took care of this one, I believe. It’s wrong.
– Sylence

Arthur C. Clarke thinks so.

From the IMDB trivia site for “2001”:

http://us.imdb.com/Trivia?0062622

Back off, man. I’m a scientist.

Found more incorrect stuff at the site:

“Cinderella’s slippers were originally made out of fur” is wrong.

“Sharks apparently are the only animals that never get sick”? The book Fish Medicine (Stoskopf, M. K. 1993) “includes a brief review of taxonomy and natural history of sharks…and comprehensive discussion of shark diseases and pathology.”
http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~bz050/sharkbooks.html

Back off, man. I’m a scientist.

And no one’s even mentioned the Lincoln-Kennedy coincidences on his page.
see http://www.snopes.com/errata/linckenn.htm

I’m sure the SDers could come up with twice as many differences between the two men and just as many similarities between other presidents.

Another thing:
‘Mafia’ does not mean “BEAUTY, EXCELLENCE and BRAVERY” in Italian; scholars can’t agree on its precise meaning but one of the most popular is that it’s an arabic-sicilian word for ‘refuge’ to to the 10th century Mafiosi seeking refuge in the hills.

Three-letter Body Parts: You left out hip and pad (as in finger and toe pad). Some also include egg or ova.

Nipper was a fox terrier: The Nipperscape page says that “Nipper was a mutt, part bull terrier and a trace of fox terrier.”

Carpathia first ship to answer Titanic SOS: According to the detailed log included at The RMS Titanic Radio Page, a number of ships responded before the Carpathia did.

Origin of “Hijack”: According to Take Our Word For It, “jacker” was slang for a robber. The term “highway jacker” was used for “highway robber”; this eventually was contracted to “highjacker” and “highjack”.

There are 38 tons of gold in every cubic mile of sea water.

That’s a fact.

Consider that 1 gallon of water weighs about 10 pounds. If you figure out what a cubic mile of sea water weighs, you’ll realize that 38 tons is trivial.

This space for rent.