Trivia questions which, amazingly, have two answers

Good one!

What aquatic network show debuted on Saturday September 19, 1964?

What network show debuting on Thursday September 24th was adapted to feature films?

William Shatner played which Kirk brother on Star Trek?

What character, played by Andy Sirkis, died in the most recent King Kong remake?

What character, played by Anthony Ramos, died in the 2020 film Hamilton?

In what film did Dustin Hoffman hold the title role, yet he was not the lead character?

Hook and Rainman

I don’t think this one ever got answered, so:

1. Clint Eastwood

I was originally going to ask "what actor was in all five Dirty Harry movies. But, when I looked it up, Albert Popwell was not in The Dead Pool

And a new question:

What William Holden movie features a scene of a bridge being blown up?

When is a door not a door?

The Bridge on the River Kwai
and The Horse Soldiers

This person declined to accept the Nobel Prize in Literature.

This question has five answers. What famous person or character began or ended their existence within one day from the release of the Beatles’ second album?

I wasn’t aware of The Horse Soldiers. There are two more answers, at least.

Without looking up when exactly the second Beatles album came out, I’ll venture a guess that two of the five people are John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley, both of whom died on 22 November 1963.

Which bestselling British fantasy writer, known for inventing an extensive world to great detail as a setting for a series of novels, graduated from Oxford University and held professorships there for many years?

J.R.R. Tolkien, of The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit series, and C.S. Lewis, of The Chronicles of Narnia. The two were close friends and would often discuss their writings with each other.

The Beatles released their second album, Meet the Beatles, on November 22, 1963. President Kennedy, C. S. Lewis, and Aldous Huxley all died on that day. The Birdman of Alcatraz, whose real name was Robert Stroud, died the day before. Doctor Who was first shown on TV the day after. (Note that I said it could be a person or a character and it could be the beginning or end of their existence.)

C. S. Lewis was never a professor at Oxford. He was a fellow and a tutor. This is picky, but the term “professor” in the U.K. doesn’t include the levels of employment that are called “assistant professor” or “associate professor” in the U.S. To be a professor in the U.K., you would have to be at the level that’s called “full professor” or one that’s a designated chair in the U.S. Lewis didn’t get much recognition at Oxford. He never became a professor and never received a chair at Oxford. In 1954, he left Oxford for Cambridge because there he was designated as a chair. To be exact, he was appointed to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance Literature.

What year was the Beatles second album released?

In 1963.

Album release dates, huh? In which year was the album “David Bowie” by David Bowie released?

j

Are you asking for information? Or is that a trivia question that amazingly has two answers?

Interesting, I didn’t know that (although I should have, since I went to Oxford myself and have, while I was there, heard anecdotes about Lewis and Tolkien and their friendship). It’s also an amusing coincidence that the question that I came up with (but phrased badly, as you pointed out) includes, in the form of C.S. Lewis, an answer to a question asked by another poster (about the deaths coinciding with the second Beatles album).

If I may add a macabre example, without intending any disrespect:

Which major world cities saw themselves the target of - real or presumed - aerial attacks by planes coming from within the same country on an 11 September? Three correct answers.

In addition to the obvious answer of New York City, the other two are Munich and Santiago de Chile.
As for Munich: The closing ceremony of the 1972 Summer Olympics - which had already been the target of a terrorist attack when the Israeli team was taken hostage - took place on 11 September 1972. during the ceremony, reports came in that terrorists had hijacked a German plane and were headed towards Munich to drop bombs on the Olympuic Stadium. The organisers of the games left it to the discretion of the PA announcer whether he’d announce this amd initiate an evacuation. He decided against it, and the report turned out to be incorrect.

As for Santiago de Chile, the coup that brought Augusto Pinochet to power took place on 11 September 1973 and involved the bombardment of the presidential palace by the Chilean air force.

A film about a sadistic, wealthy games-player whose place is filled with puzzles and games. He invites people for a weekend of cruel mind games that reveals hidden secrets and results in murder. Inspire by Stephen Sondheim’s game parties and his game- and puzzle-filled apartment.