Trolls R Us redux [Now the argument clinic]

Back in my Chef days, I had a signature special that was Honey Almond Crusted Salmon with a Sweet and Sour Citrus Sauce. (I also liked to make my servers say it 3 times fast.)

Recipes? I feed all my honey straight to my limbless squirming children.

(entered into the “Sentences I never thought I’d type” archive)

Yes!

This needs some clarification.

There is a specific rule against accusations of lying in GD and P&E. This rule does not apply to other forums.

In every forum except the Pit though, personal attacks are not allowed. Saying “you are a liar” is a personal attack. This is what I meant when I said calling someone a liar is not permitted.

There are other ways of making accusations of lying that don’t fall under the rule of personal attacks. Those would still be forbidden in GD/P&E but would be acceptable in other forums, including ATMB.

In retrospect, I should have worded that more carefully.

If you want to debate, post in GD. People posting in ATMB are there to resolve issues, so there are different rules and different expectations. Formal debate rules are definitely not a requirement in ATMB. Debate just for debate’s sake is also not what ATMB is for. The purpose of ATMB is to discuss and resolve issues.

Issues about the message board though, not issue of affirmative action in select schools, racism in the greater culture, right? Seems like there are several posters confused about that and just move over here to continue the snit when they get modded out of other threads. I read this thread to learn how to be a better poster, not to continue diatribes redux ad nauseum.

You read the Trolls R Us thread to learn how to be a better poster? :wink:

I read Trolls R Us to learn who the problem children are so I know not to get sucked into their tar pits in other interesting threads. Kind of a “know thy enemies”.

Correct.

Nope, what everyone notices from you is your cowardice.

You left out rabid monomania. Did I mention monomania?

When I was a kid, “Trolls R Us” would more likely have been the place you go to buy these.

Toys R Us stuck around until 2017. It was the store I always wanted to go to that my parents absolutely hated (because it was very overpriced, I realize now)

No, HE IS TRYING TO EAT BREAKFAST!

Heh. His request is such quintessential sea lioning, I wondered if it was parody.

You can say that again, if you check the last quote were I replied to him, he insists on demonizing a quote I made about an Asian student, trying to give the false impression that I did not quote also other Asians scholars and teachers (and scholars and teachers of other races too).

Had a late breakfast… :slightly_smiling_face:

The funny thing here is that damuriajashi has claimed before that I ‘can be ignored easily’. Even on that he is a complete failure.

damuriajashi, if you think people are provoking you in GD, don’t take the bait. Just ignore them. Report if you think it approaches trolling or harassment. Use the ignore list if you have to, that’s why it exists.

For god’s sake, don’t jump into the Trolls R Us thread and start calling people racists. Dare your accusers to pit you in a separate topic, don’t hijack this one.

~Max

Not that you’ve ever really had any credibility before, but each utterance of “woke” or “echo chamber” plunges it deeper and deeper into the earth’s core. At this point, you’ve burst through the other side of the planet, and have left orbit.

It isn’t fair to just blame damuriajashi-After all, both sides do it.
:grin:

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: good one!